Job Title: Manager: Operations and Sales (Masindi)
Organization: Quantum Foods Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Quantum Foods Uganda (formerly known as Bokomo Uganda), a subsidiary of Quantum Food Group Ltd, a South African listed company, is a poultry breeder that has been operating in Uganda since 1999. The company produces day-old chicks (layers and broilers) and poultry feeds of the highest quality.
Job Summary: The Manager: Operations and Sales (Masindi) will focus on meeting the needs of clients (both external customers and internal unit managers). The incumbent will analyze work flow (of commercial poultry rearing and laying facilities, a feed mill as well as a distribution/sales function), evaluate systems and formulate work plans and procedures. The jobholder is also required to formulate strategies and communicate the desires of clients to other staff members to ensure understanding of the clients’ demands, challenges and goals. He/she will also be charged with monitoring progress against a set of benchmarks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Building and maintaining a profitable business in a highly competitive market.
· Taking overall responsibility for the health and wellbeing of commercial layers. (This include, but is not limited to: being able to identify, communicate and control vaccination- and feed programs, being able to identify flock health challenges and take corrective action.)
· In charge of reviewing production- and sales records; scheduling production-, maintenance- and employee activities to meet set profitability- and sustainability targets.
· Responsible for evaluating efficiency and effectiveness of procedures, employees and equipment and taking corrective action.
· In charge of developing procedures, policies and standards.
· Motivating a diverse team to reach and exceed set targets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a degree in Veterinary Sciences or Agriculture, Animal production and Husbandry, Food and Nutrition from a reputable academic institution.
· A minimum of seven years’ management experience in the poultry industry.
· High level of technical knowledge and competency.
· Excellent management and communication skills.
· Ability and willingness to take responsibility for a commercial poultry farm.
· Ability to communicate complex technical issues to his/her team, to identify training gaps and to provide training where necessary.
· Excellent organization, communication and problem solving skills.
· Self-motivated and adaptable to be able to work with minimal supervision.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Must be fluent (speak, read, write) in English, Lunyoro, Luganda, and Kiswahili.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications (including supporting documentation) addressed to: Ellen Odendaal, Managing Director, Quantum Foods Uganda with the subject of the E-mail as Application: Manager: Operations and Sales (Masindi)
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 28th October, 2016 by 1:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline