Job Title: Manager
Organisation: Human Resource Service Centre (HRSC) – Senana Supermarket
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Human Resource Service Centre (HRSC) is a fast –growing international consulting firm that offers human resource and business support services to organisations both within and outside Uganda. We serve a variety of clients including: students, individuals, working professionals, start-up companies and established SMEs and NGOs, government agencies and projects. HRSC primarily seeks to support its client streamline HR strategies, structures and processes as well as building sustainable internal human resource capacity. Human Resource Service Centre (HRSC) is recruiting for a state-of-art supermarket in the middle of Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will hire, train, and evaluate personnel dealing with disciplinary issues where appropriate.
· Review inventory and sales records to prepare reports for management
· Confer with company officials to develop methods and procedures to increase sales, expand markets, and promote business.
· The jobholder will plan budgets and authorize payments and merchandise returns.
· Examine products purchased for resale or received for storage to assess the condition of each product or item.
· Estimate consumer demand and determine the types and amounts of goods to be sold.
· Keep records of purchases, sales, and requisitions.
· Plan and coordinate advertising campaigns and sales promotions
· The jobholder will formulate pricing policies for merchandise, according to profitability requirements.
· Establish and enforce policies and operating procedures
· Manage the integration of the business activities in collaboration with the different heads of the departments.
· Support staff on how to handle difficult and complicated sales.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Senana Supermarket Manager vacancy should preferably hold a Degree or Diploma in Business management
· At least five years’ experience in managing operations of a supermarket
· Possess good leadership and management experience
· Ability to multi task and work with minimum supervision
· The incumbent handles difficult or sensitive situations with empathy and diplomacy
· High level of honesty, integrity and confidentiality
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Computer literacy i.e. knowledgeable in using a computer especially MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications together with an updated CV with at least three suitable referees with their telephone contacts to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com (Please indicate the position you are applying for)
Deadline: 6th October, 2016
Note: We respect all applicants but only successful candidates will be shortlisted and contacted. If you do not hear from us within three weeks from the date of submission of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline