Job Title: Manager Human Resource Management
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) has been put in place as recommended in the National, Oil and Gas policy of Uganda and in accordance with Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013. The mandate of the PAU is to regulate the oil and gas sector in Uganda including ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international petroleum industry best practice.
Job Summary: The Manager Human Resource Management will be in charge of leading the strategic function of Human Resource (HR) management and for maintaining and enhancing the Authority’s human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. The incumbent will also initiate and implement the strategic direction and growth of human resources, including human resource development, with the major objective of achieving excellent staff performance as well as organizational performance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for developing the Authority’s Human Resources Manual, Guidelines and Policies for the Authority and ensure their efficient and effective implementation.
· In charge of planning, organizing, coordinating and reviewing of personnel programmes of the Authority including the smooth running of the personnel function.
· Work closely with the Director Finance and Administration in reviewing the structure and staffing of the Authority and also plan for appropriate staff development and training to improve performance.
· Actively participate in the identification of Gaps/skills, recruitment, and strategies for retention and motivation and advise in accordance with the Authority’s policies, Human Resources Manual and guidelines.
· Take lead in the implementation of performance management processes including ensuring that managers set clear result areas, recognize success and implement the performance improvement plan among others.
· Coordinate staff orientation, induction and development processes for new staff and oversee an effective performance management system for all newly recruited staff.
· Develop and monitor implementation of the staff Code of Conduct in accordance with regulatory requirements.
· Develop and maintain an organizational structure for the Authority and support senior management to design and organize activities, develop schedules of duties and allocation of staff to the right jobs for effective performance.
· Conduct research and analysis on HR related issues, monitor changes to legislation that affect staff and ensure dissemination of information to Management with recommendations for action.
· Maintain a staff payroll for the authority in line with the relevant legislation.
· Maintain a clean database for all human resource functions in the Authority.
· Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Petroleum Authority Manager Human Resource Management job opportunity must hold a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management from an internationally recognized University.
· Possession of a Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or any other related degree from an internationally recognized institution.
· At least seven years’ experience in human resource management, t3 of which should be in a reputable and highly organized establishment.
· Significant experience of working in a leadership role in an organization/ business unit/project with diverse professionals.
· Possession of a professional qualification and/or membership in the fields related to HR.
· Evidence of additional training and experience relevant to Human Resource Management.
· Good knowledge of the policies, laws, regulations and guidelines regarding Human Resource Management in Uganda.
· Innovative and .with a proven high level of integrity.
· Ability to work independently and in a team.
· Excellent track record of outstanding performance.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Possess good administrative and negotiation skills.
· Good track record of training and mentoring others.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Proficiency in the necessary computer packages.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their download this form, Click Here and fill it in indicating the telephone and email contacts for both the applicant and three reputable referees. The signed applications together with copies of certified academic and professional qualifications should be addressed and submitted in triplicate to the following address;
The Executive Director,
Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Liaison Office Room B 416,
4th floor Amber House,
Plot 29/33, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 7270, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 31st October, 2016 by 5:00PM
NB: Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will be accepted as long as they are received before the above-mentioned deadline for submission. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline