Job Title: Manager: Financial Crime Control
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 19448
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Manager: Financial Crime Control will take lead of investigations into allegations of financial crime and irregularities within Stanbic Bank as directed by the Regional Head FCC. Complete investigations in accordance the GFCC standards and methodologies aligned to adding value to the Stanbic Bank business, in order to recover losses by securing criminal prosecution and civil action. Ensure that all administration and MIS is accurately updated as well as managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders effectively
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage, lead, provide guidance, facilitate and pursue fraud that is committed against Stanbic Bank and its Customers.
· Manage, lead, collect and analyse relevant information, identify modus operandi of incidents.
· Offer guidance, problem areas by following linkages between suspicious cases and entities.
· Direct through process of elimination, identify irregularities and involved parties e.g. syndicates.
· Provide guidance and network within the various areas within the Bank and externally to resolve fraud issues.
· Ensure compliance to defined processes, e.g. formulating case dockets, investigation reports, affidavits.
· Direct investigations in determining the Bank’s exposure and to actively recover losses.
· Proactively determine high risk Business Units and potential internal fraud and operational risks
· Proactively assist to facilitate the early detection of fraud leveraging off hotlines and tip-offs.
· Execute the Fraud Strategy through investigations, which will be aligned to Business Goals and priorities
· Provide input and assist in the design and formulation of Banking Industry approaches at industry level e.g. Banking Forums
· The incumbent will network with Law enforcement agencies, auditing, legal and commercial organisations combating financial crime
· On each confirmed internal financial crime matter establish trends, identify modus operandi and provide remedial recommendations,
· Offer support in the recruitment, development and retention of relevant skills in order to meet the business need
· Assists in ensuring the effective selection of staff by matching the skills and competencies to the requirements of the job
· Develops and maintains an open communication channel with direct reports and supports staff to foster teamwork
· Assists the Regional Head with individual career management in conjunction with Human Resources
· Facilitates the views of the team members, resolves issues raised by the team and escalates issues if required and provides feedback to teams on an ongoing basis.
· Fosters and provides employment equity with specific attention to attaining the Stanbic Bank targets.
· Promotes a culture where the values of the Bank are “lived” and maintained
· Supports the Regional Head to monitor and manage the performance and development of staff within the area. This includes support with performance management as well as mid-year and annual performance appraisals.
· Fosters a culture of continuous improvement and performance measurement
· Ensures that Regional Head is apprised of significant achievements to ensure appropriate recognition.
· Assist in ensuring that clear targets are set and that resources are profiled and recruited accordingly:
· Support the Regional Head with the tracking, ranking and managing the performance of the team in line with performance management policies, systems and practices:
· Effective self management to minimize poor performance.
· Assist in the planning and overseeing the implementation of a skills development plan to address skills gaps
· Fostering a climate of self-development, learning and personal growth
· Assist in ensuring that equity targets are achieved and retained
Risk and Loss Management:
· Accountable for ensuring the recovery of losses through all available legal remedies.
· Highlight control deficiencies to the Business stakeholders.
· Assess and pursue recovery prospects.
· Minimise reputational risk by interfacing with relevant parties.
· Take overall ownership and accountability for allocated cases from the point of allocation until their “formal” conclusion as per the defined processes.
· Apply knowledge and experience to identify fraud, risk and highlight to management.
Process and Case Management:
· Adhere to the proper process of case management from the allocation of investigations, providing constant feedback to ensure that investigation goals and objectives been reached.
· Attend all relevant Stake holder meetings.
· Constantly provide intelligence regarding trends, modus operandi, type of fraud documents, and standard of fraud application, knowledge of the criminal groups / syndicates regarding the verification process, other processes of Stanbic Bank that are detected in current investigations on hand. Secure reporting line to relevant Business Heads regarding relevant intelligence gathered through investigations.
· On a regular basis, liaise with Law Enforcement Intelligence Services to gather information regarding the movement of suspects, new trends, crime threat’s and modus operandi that are identified from a global perspective.
· Support the Regional Head by providing stats, trends and relevant case information to Management and Business Heads to support and secure processes to minimize and prevent losses.
· Provide Management with consistent and accurate reports regarding fraud trends, market related information regarding fraudulent activities in the Corporate Environment.
· Support investigation initiatives and training by running the GFCC brought forward system on cases under investigation. Also provides sound MIS reporting.
· Be active in supporting the different business heads, know the different product procedures. Provide constant information to the different business heads regarding crime patterns and modus operandi. These actions will provide them with the relevant knowledge to take sound business decisions that will assist them in minimizing risk and operational losses.
· Compiling case dockets for registration with the law enforcement agencies to expedite the tracing and attachment of moveable assets and arrests of suspects.
· Immediately report incidents discovered through investigations to the relevant business heads and GFCC regarding control deficiencies. Thoroughly investigated deficiencies and provide management with proper knowledge to address and to correct situations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Manager: Financial Crime Control opportunity must hold a Degree level qualification or relevant experience
· ACFE or similar counter fraud accreditation is an added advantage
· Financial Crime Risk management experience
· A minimum of six years of proven experience in the management of Financial crimes
· Extensive experience of investigations, both conducting and supervising ( At least 6 years)
· Financial Crime casework
· Professional analysis and judgement
· Reporting writing
· Presenting and/or chairing at meetings
· Case supervision
· Excellent communication skills
· Good reading and writing skills
· Good speaking and listening skills
· Understanding the audience
· Knowledge sharing
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 28th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline