Job Title: Manager Agency Administration and Control
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 19494
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Manager Agency Administration and Control will be responsible for records management and operational efficiency in agent management. The jobholder will be tasked with Agent Network Administration -Documentation: receive, review, process, store and retrieve agent documentation. Store management: stationery and inventory management. The incumbent will also manage routine compliance, bank assets and devices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Risk and Compliance:
· The jobholder will develop, implement and maintain Business Continuity plans for the channel and agent services as necessary
· Implement, support and audit relevant quality assurance systems across the channel.
· Ensure that all systems, processes and documentation will meet the agreed standards
· Introduce a culture of Risk Management supported by policies and guidance.
· Develop and maintain a Risk Register and ensure it is reviewed regularly by the risk department.
· Ensure that relevant staff and agents understand the policies and are given adequate support when needed.
· Make recommendations and implement an organisational wide quality assurance framework based on set objectives; and process are in place and working to meet any standards set for achievement.
· Ensure that all systems (IT and paper) for holding and processing client data are compliant with prevailing legislation.
· Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with any quality assurance system or service quality standards.
· Regularly monitor and evaluate performance against standards or agreed targets. Use audits, feedback loops and corrective action to ensure continuous improvement. Prioritise and escalate issues resulting in non-compliance
· Take a lead role in planning, development, design, organisation and monitoring of support systems/procedures/policies.
· Take a lead role in the development and maintenance of record/information systems
· Provide detailed analysis and evaluation of data/ and produce detailed reports/information as required.
· Lead and ensure the maintenance of accurate agent records and static data.
· Lead and develop a wholesome communications programme which ensures highly effective communication within the bank; between the bank and the agency network
· Maintain and safeguard agency records
· Develops budget recommendations for operating expenditures and/or capital outlay, personal services, equipment and materials.
· Create and maintain effective internal controls for equipment inventory.
· Maintain stock records of all assets of the bank in agents’ possession
· Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures ensure availability of stock i.e. devices, stationery, branding materials. Ensure materials and tools of trade are adequate can cover direct demand from agents and customers.
· Support the evaluation of suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships.
· Deliver suitable branding for Agencies and monitor that it is displayed appropriately
· Inventory management of all bank assets, stationary and related branding items.
· Support the marketing aimed at driving customer awareness of the product.
· Recruiting the Agent Acquisition and Training team
· Set clear goals and manage the Agent Acquisition and Training team to achieve goals
· Build talent, motivate and influence the team to develop a high-performing team
· Mentor, coach, and train individuals within the team
· Promote an open atmosphere and encourage team members to seek advice
· Develop and manage the team’s budget
Agency Compliance Management:
· Regularly audit Agent operations against regulations and agency contracts and Communicate to agent’s dealers on issues of noncompliance, irregularities, and take action to address lapses
· Identify potential fraud and money laundering and investigate and take action as required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Manager Agency Administration and Control career opportunity must hold a Bachelor of Business Administration or related qualification
· Generating Ideas: The greater the number of alternative ideas or solutions generated, the greater the probability of finding a good solution. This competency is about how fluent an individual is at generating ideas, the number of ideas they generate and how confident they are in their ability to generate unusual ideas or favour radical solutions. This is further enhanced by the extent to which an individual enjoys the creative process.
· Adopting Practical Approaches: Adopting practical solutions with an emphasis on learning by doing. This competency requires individuals to utilise common sense when required. Ultimately, this competency is important in order to ensure that organisations implement feasible solutions.
· Developing Strategies: This competency includes facets of behaviour such as being visionary and establishing effective plans that take into consideration long-term aspects. This competency also includes the need for individuals to focus on identifying trends.
· Making Decisions: This competency emphasises the “leading” or “giving direction” part of leadership. The effective display of the “Leading People” competency is highly dependent on the effective display of a number of other competencies. Leading people is about taking control of as well as coordinating people and resources. While there are many different views on what leadership is, in this case, the concern is not focused on what leadership is, but is rather focused on the generic behaviour associated with leading people.
· Upholding Standards: “Upholding Standards” within the organisation is important for ensuring that high quality products and services are provided as well as for ensuring that trust is created and maintained. Individuals need to focus on developing proper and discreet behaviour and to honour their commitments in order to be effective at demonstrating this competency.
· Interpreting Data: This competency is about interpreting data accurately with an emphasis on the processing and interpretation of numbers. This competency also includes the utilisation of technology.
· Directing People: This competency emphasises the “leading” or “giving direction” part of leadership. The effective display of the “Leading People” competency is highly dependent on the effective display of a number of other competencies. Leading people is about taking control of as well as coordinating people and resources. While there are many different views on what leadership is, in this case, the concern is not focused on what leadership is, but is rather focused on the generic behaviour associated with leading people.
· Seizing Opportunities: This competency is characterised by the extent to which an individual displays competitive, entrepreneurial and sales-orientated behaviour.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 25th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline