Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
ICF is a leading global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. Our clients span health, energy, and transportation industries as well as government agencies in the United States and Europe. We give them the data, insights, and deep implementation expertise they need to deliver results that matter to consumers, citizens, and communities.
About USAID Project:
ICF is planning to implement an upcoming USAID-funded Strategic Information Technical Support activity in Uganda. The activity will facilitate, promote and enhance evidence-based programming and reporting in Uganda’s health system, particularly its response against the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
Job Summary: The Management Information Systems (MIS)/Database Management Expert will be responsible for supporting quality improvement in the HMIS, OVC and any other relevant data flow systems and effective transfers into DHIS. The incumbent will be accountable for ensuring accurate and timely data exchange into the PEPFAR/OGAC system (DATIM).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the USAID Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s degree with eight (8) years of experience (in addition to the 4 years requirement noted below), in IT, MIS, Database Management or related field;
· Four (4) years developing and/or managing health information systems;
· Broad understanding and knowledge of managing medical records (specifically clinic registers and HMIS) and population based surveys such as AIDS Indicator Survey (AIS) and Demographic and Health Survey (DHS) is desired.
· Experience working directly with DHIS2, EMR systems and other health information systems at national, district and facility levels
· Excellent track record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making, and interpersonal skills, including being an articulate speaker and sympathetic listener.
· Demonstrated ability: to assemble, quickly and effectively, and to manage a highly-skilled, interdisciplinary team; to interact with and lead a broad range of governmental and non-governmental actors and institutions across sectors; and to design, implement detailed, organized, timely, accurate monitoring and evaluation programs.
· Demonstrated excellent writing and presentation ability, as well as experience successfully leading an intercultural team in a development context.
· Excellent analytical skills
· Fluency in English
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates who wish to join ICF should apply by visiting the web link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline