Job Title: M&E Officer
Organisation: World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B)
Reports to: Project Manager
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B) is a Non-Governmental Organization that helps families and children orphaned and made vulnerable by HIV/AIDS to access the comprehensive support and care they need to grow into healthy adults.
Job Summary: The M&E Officer manages and conducts monitoring and evaluation activities for the project. M&E Officer will work with program team to finalize indicators, set up data collected processes and timelines, ensure findings are used to improve quality programming, contribute to the evidence base, and, report on progress towards achieving results as well as provide M&E TA to partners. He/She will support the Program Manager with developing and implementing a strong M&E system.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Programme Development and Implementation:
· With the Project Manager, take lead of the project team in finalizing the M&E system and oversee routine program monitoring activities
· With the technical team, identify and integrate any key areas for tracking and monitoring that are strategically important to Bantwana and build in approaches to documentation at the outset
· Ensure the quality and relevance of the project’s monitoring and evaluation design with the technical design and overall goals of the program
· Formulate the process and protocol and oversee data collection, verification, quality assurance
· Develop a process, timeline and approach for providing TA and ongoing Coaching, Mentoring and Support
· Supervision to local partners and M&E teams on data collection methodology
· Document program results and develop templates and a process for feeding quantitative and qualitative M&E data into periodic donor and other stakeholders that is aligned/complements technical reports.
· Actively participate in developing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual work plans and maintaining high standards of stewardship and accountability for all activity resources Provide supervision to staff and partners to ensure proper implementation of planned activities/ interventions
· Work with consortium partners to ensure delivery of planned activities in their respective thematic areas
Training and Development:
· Take lead in identifying training needs for staff, partners, schools and community resource persons in maintaining records, documenting and reporting
· The incumbent will mentor and support staff, partners and community resource persons effective documentation of project activities and report writing.
Representation, Networking and Advocacy: Steering the partnership development and liaising with relevant service points (health centers, schools, local councils, district and sub-county officials, etc) to ensure effective service delivery and achievement of outcomes
Project monitoring, documentation and reporting:
· Coordinate with project team to ensure activity tools allow gathering of
· Steer the development of assessment tools, evaluation tools.
· Take charge of the development of integrated project database.
Ensure data quality and integrity:
· Maintaining an up-to-date data base for all beneficiary girls, households, teachers, etc. and ensure all relevant data collection documents are administered appropriately.
· Analyze data and reports for quality.
· Provide updates from monitoring and data analysis to the project manager as required.
· Compile and triangulate reports from staff and partners compile project reports
· Carry out spot checks and visits to households, schools and areas within the district for effective service delivery to girls and households
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The M&E Officer should preferably hold a Bachelors or Master’s degree in Statistics, Demographics, Public Policy, International Development, Economics, or related field. Master’s degree or Bachelor plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred.
· At least five years professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
· Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
· Previous experience designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
· Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans.
· Broad knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
· Previous exposure and experience in planning and managing surveys, developing data collection tool, and data quality assessments and oversight.
· Prior experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers.
· Ability to facilitate and serve as a project liaison for evaluations.
· Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to work in a challenging environment, under high pressure and ability to cope with tight deadlines;
· Fluent in oral and written English and excellent writing skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the World Education Inc. /Bantwana (WEI/B) are encouraged to apply via E-mail only be sending an updated CV and cover letter to: Hiring Manager at email@example.com
Deadline: 31st October, 2016 by 1:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline