Job Title: Logistics & Warehouse Manager
Organisation: Micro-Haem Scientifics and Medical Supplies Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
Micro-Haem Scientifics and Medical Supplies Limited mandate is supply of high quality pharmaceutical and medical products (consumables and equipment) of latest technology in Uganda and E. Africa; Manufacture Drugs and Medical Devices/Instruments; Operate the Microhaem Medical Equipment Training School (offer training, research, capacity building programmes, establish incubation centre; collaborate with and outsource medical professionals from related training institutions globally); run curriculum that meets international standards); and engage in maintenance, servicing and repairing of medical equipment.
Job Summary: The Logistics & Warehouse Manager will increase company profitability & customer satisfaction by overseeing logistics, procurement, ensure procurement of quality products from reputable sources of the company, warehouse operations in a safe, secure, efficient and cost-effective manner that complies with company policy and other applicable regulations
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will supervise and schedule warehouse and delivery staff to ensure safe and efficient operation of all warehouse functions
· Manage the entire warehouse operations from shipment receipts to order management, picking, and Inventory management to order fulfilment.
· Ensure the orders received are dispatched accurately and within specified timelines.
· Preparing NDR (Non Delivery Report) & RTO (Return to Origin) Report
· Ensure optimum capacity utilization of warehouse by designing best fit layouts of warehouse, goods/material placement, inventory movement and maintenance of the warehouse
· People Development through regular feedback, coaching & mentoring, identifying and facilitating training needs
· Ensure safe, clean and healthy working environment in compliance to statutory requirements and company policies
· Streamline the system and procedures for effective inventory control for ensuring ready availability of materials to meet the sales targets.
· In charge of maintaining the storage space and receipt in good condition
· Supervision of works in the warehouse and control of the correct implementation of processes (receipt and putting away, picking, loading, receipt and putting away of returns)
· Responsible for collecting orders and give the information to the accounts department for billing.
· Specifies the desired height of the stock and ensures the replacement of it according to the storage policy of the company.
· Responsible for custom, documentation and clearance.
· Responsible for the planning of the transportation from abroad and local.
· Estimation of replenishment needs of central warehouse according to the stock policy and the needs of direct customers.
· Sending of the replenishment orders on a regular basis if needed and make the follow up of the order.
· Build long-term partnership with customers and suppliers by effective communication, strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
· Timely Reporting to the MD and General Manager.
· Ensure safe custody of the products in the warehouse
Key Results Areas:
· Effective Supervision of incoming, outgoing stocks & Inspection for conformity of specifications and damage
· Complete documentation and entries for Stock inward, National Drug Authority, pre-shipment and taxes applicable
· Improved Screening the items & forming route for transportation
· Improved coordination with Finance Department and other internal end users
· Strengthening Pre Delivery Inspection
· Improved Management of Information Systems (MIS) and Reporting
· Improved company supplier relationship
· Improved cold chain storage and management
· Cost effective procurement ensured.
· Well organized, clean, tidy and secured ware house.
· Improved knowledge regarding consumption trend for the company products
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Procurement / Supply Chain Management / Logistics or business related field from a reputable academic institution.
· Demonstrated ability to manage timely procurement and delivery of items with tight deadlines.
· At least five years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics.
· Extensive experience with the industry as well as local procurement policies, procedures and practices.
· Prior experience with laboratory and Medical related procurement desirable.
· The applicant must be an honest, mature and well balanced person with integrity
· Good at networking, sound business instincts, strong negotiation and financial analysis skills.
· People oriented and results driven
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Good problem solver and expediter, with capacity to think strategically and to operate at all management and staff levels
· Strong interpersonal and communication (written and spoken) skills in English as well as other international languages.
· Proficiency in relevant computer applications: MS Word, , Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email, quick books, Tally software etc.
· Ability to meet tight deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently.
· Ability to function independently; results-oriented; detail oriented.
· Strong organizational and analytical skills, good attention to detail.
· Ability to problem solve and work as part of a team
· Age: Between 35-40 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their sealed applications either hand delivered or via post to:
ACLAIM Africa Limited,
Plot M99 Nakasero Hill Lane,
P. O. Box 7202, Kampala, Uganda.
The completed applications should include a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae indicating three professional referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors and Copies of Academic Certificates.
Deadline: 14th October, 2016 by 5 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline