Job Title: Librarian
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: BBUC, Kabale, Uganda
Reports to: Academic Registrar
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education - not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervision of the Staff in the University library and information services
· In charge of the college Library and information services
· In charge of the Library Staff and their periodic appraisal
· Making budget proposals for the Library
· Making development plans for the Library
· Ordering and Purchasing of books and other library material
· Supervising the safe custody of books and other Library property
· Works closely with Heads of Departments to secure relevant books for the library
· In charge of implementing quality assurance standards for the Library
· Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the UCU Librarian job placement should hold a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or a related field such as Management of Information Science, Management of Information Systems, Information Studies, Publishing or Information Technology.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Library and Information Science or a related field such as Management of Information Science, Management of Information Systems, Information Studies, Publishing or Information Technology.
· Professional IT certifications i.e. CCNA will be an added advantage.
· At least three years of post-Masters experience in the management of library/information resources, senior in a University/Tertiary Institution setting.
· Strong customers focus and have excellent leadership skills.
· Broad and deep functional or subject matter expertise in Library Management systems
· Familiarity with Library Management systems.
· The applicant must be a mature and committed Christian
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three (Academic, Leadership, Pastoral) references. Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts to:
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21st October 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline