Organisation: Sejjaaka, Kaawaase & Co. (Bank)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Legal
Sejjaaka, Kaawaase & Co. is a consultancy firm that provides services to a wide range of clientele from the small, medium to the large scale multinationals. some of these include: Government Ministries; Local Governments; Insurance sector; Clearing and forwarding; Construction; Educational Institutions; Agriculture sector. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, a Ugandan bank.
Job Summary: The Legal Officer will assist the bank in drafting and reviewing legal documents, legal compliance, advice and representation in Courts of law
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for bank collateral administration;
· Contracts administration (internal and external);
· Guiding bank staff on banking law and regulations and ensuring compliance there to;
· Research and monitoring amendments to existing laws and regulations;
· Responsible for preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and briefings;
· The incumbent will represent the bank in courts of law in liaison with bank’s external lawyers
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Legal
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelors of Laws degree (LLB) from an accredited University
· Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in legal practice from the Law Development Centre (Uganda)
· Enrolled advocate of the High court
· A minimum of three years of post LDC experience in legal practice or its equivalent in a busy financial institution.
· Knowledge of Bank of Uganda regulations and other key laws applicable to banking is desirable.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the Land/Company registry procedures with a demonstrable ability to register bank securities
· Excellent coordination, interpersonal and communication skills with computer literacy skills
How to Apply:
The applicant must send their application including the following (Incomplete applications will not be considered)
· An application letter that details your capabilities and suitability for the position.
· A detailed Full CV with names, addresses and phone numbers of your personal, academic and professional referees.
· Attach verifiable academic certificates and licences as applicable.
The Advisory Services Director,
Sejjaaka, Kaawaase & Co.,
Certified Public Accountant,
Plot 31 Bukoto Street, Kololo,
P.O. Box 7657 Kampala Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday 31st October, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline