Job Title: Land Valuer
Organisation: Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Land Valuer
The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by an Act of Parliament; The Uganda National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006. UNRA became operational on 1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns, among others.
Job Summary: The Land Valuer will be primarily responsible for the valuation of the land and properties affected by the right of way for the road and bridges projects. The Valuer will also be responsible for verification and validation of grievances from project affected persons, processing and confirming compensation payments before they are made. In addition, the Land Valuer will be responsible for compiling and updating a data base on land values across the country and preparation of valuation reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will implement the Land Acquisition Management System (LAMS) in line with the approved criteria to be used during expropriation and gazetting right of way;
· Actively participate in preparation of advance plans for the acquisition of the right of way for road projects as per UNRA’s strategic and annual plans;
· Regularly review and update Geographical Information Systems (GIS) database on
· Project affected persons along all national road corridors;
· Prepare valuation report in reference to the strip map/cadastral layout based on the final engineering design;
· Implement the approved communication strategy for stakeholders (Stakeholder engagement);
· Compile and update a data base of land values across the country and participate in the payment process of compensation and expropriation of land and generate accountability reports;
· Manage grievance/complaints in accordance with the grievance and appeals management framework;
· Actively participate in processing and issuance of vacation and demolition notices, take over the compensated properties and clear the right of way;
· Assess and value injurious affections during or after construction;
· Conduct risk management on Land and property valuation in line with
· UNRA’s approved risk management frame work;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UNRA Land Valuer job opportunity should hold an honors degree in Surveying or Land economics or Civil engineering;
· Possession of other post graduate qualifications will also be an added advantage;
· Computer literacy skills
· At least three years’ experience in Land valuation and resettlement;
· Prior working experience in managing an organization/business unit with diverse professions.
· High degree of integrity;
· Ability to work as part of a team and to develop subordinates;
· Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relations;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Ability to manage/supervise multi skilled teams and deliver accurate results in a timely manner and in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below. Please follow the instructions at the link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline