Job Title: IT Security Administrator
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager, IT Security
Umeme is a public company cross listed on both the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Nairobi Securities Exchange with over 6,483 shareholders, including high value international institutional investors. Umeme operates under a concession with a structural monopoly in the distribution of electricity across Uganda, distributing 99% of electricity in Uganda through a single buyer model.
Job Summary: The IT Security Administrator will implement and maintain Information Security and Management Systems of the company and evaluate the effectiveness of Information Technology (IT) security systems to protect shareholder value.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Periodically study the Company network architecture, recommend optimum information security protection measures, respond to information security incidents and implement system security upgrades to protect shareholder value.
· The incumbent will implement and periodically review the IT network user rights Policies, carryout Network intrusions tests to ensure the effectiveness of the security systems to protect company information assets and revenue.
· The jobholder will maintain and update the configuration files for information security appliances, software and equipment in line with the Company ICT and ISP policies to protect shareholder value.
· Prepare and test the IT disaster recovery infrastructure (DRP) in line with the IT security policy and ISO 9126 standard to protect shareholder value.
· The incumbent will implement the IT security policies and procedures, monitor adherence with the ISO 17799 and ISO 9126 standard to safe guard company information and shareholder value.
· Conduct the implementation of IT Security training and awareness program for all staff and contractor staff to protect shareholder value.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The IT Security Administrator should hold a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology,
· Computer science or related discipline from a recognized university.
· Professional certifications i.e. Microsoft MSCE, CISA and CISM certification.
· A qualification in ethical Hacking is a requisite.
· At least three (3) years’ experience in IT security Management in a large organization.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should fill in the application form online at the link below clearly arguing suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience.
Deadline: Monday 17th October, 2016 by 17:00 Hours.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline