Job Title: Information Systems Auditor
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Umeme is a public company cross listed on both the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Nairobi Securities Exchange with over 6,483 shareholders, including high value international institutional investors. Umeme operates under a concession with a structural monopoly in the distribution of electricity across Uganda, distributing 99% of electricity in Uganda through a single buyer model.
Job Summary: The Information Systems Auditor will carry out detailed evaluation and internal control audit reviews of computer information systems. The incumbent consults with business management and users on computer information systems strategic and operational issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for information technology audits including annual and engagement planning.
· Carry out continuous risk assessment of the information technology environment (operating systems, network infrastructure, billing systems, information databases, financial reporting systems and all other peripheral/ interfaced applications) including general system controls, infrastructure controls and application controls.
· The jobholder will prepare working papers in accordance with IPPF and internal documentation requirements to support audit results and conclusions drawn.
· Ensure that a complete and cross referenced audit engagement working paper file is maintained for every audit engagement.
· Carry out operational, compliance, financial and investigative audits as assigned.
· The jobholder will continuously reviews and monitors the implementation of information systems.
· Champion data mining and analytics use and capability development both within the internal audit department and the wider business.
· The jobholder will provide risk and control consulting to the business on pre and post implementation system development and enhancements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Accounting, Business or equivalent combination of related work experience and education.
· Professional qualification in information systems i.e. CISA, CISSP, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CSx and/or CSx –P.
· Membership with ISACA, IIA and/or ACFE
· A minimum of five years of continuously progressive working experience with one year at a supervisory level.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should fill in the application form online at the link below clearly arguing suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience.
Deadline: Monday 17th October, 2016 by 17:00 Hours.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline