Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Organization: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Duty Station: Mbarara, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Human Resources Manager
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) seeks to end pediatric HIV/AIDS through research, advocacy, and prevention and treatment programs. We are a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries and at 7,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners over the last 25 years, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States and new infections in children have declined by 58% worldwide. EGPAF Uganda Country program is currently implementing a number of projects in partnership with various donors.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Officer provides specialized support in the day-to-day management and administration of the human resources function. While the focus is typically on HR administration & compliance, the position may also support other functional areas such as recruitment, staff orientation, training & development, employee relations, compensation & benefits, and performance management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will support the recruitment processes, including posting vacancy announcements, tracking and reporting on recruitment processes, preparing interview files and schedules, and assisting with reference checks for final job candidates.
- Support administration of HR policies; including employee terms & conditions of service, leave records etc. Administer the organization medical scheme.
- Ensure complete and up-to-date employment documentation and confidential handling of employee information. Ensure all required employee documentation is obtained, correctly filed, and updated as necessary. Ensure all employees are in receipt of critical HR documents, including a current contract, employee handbook, and job description.
- Update HR Payroll and HR system and track contract expiry dates for renewal. Ensure any changes in an employee’s status are adequately documented.
- Support the management and general administration of employee leave and other leave related processes.
- Assist in providing support on performance management system and ensure that key dates and deadlines are met.
- Offer support in the orientation and on-boarding of new employees, welcome package, orienting staff regarding employment conditions, registering staff for benefits schemes, and ensuring new staff have appropriate work space and resources.
- Prepare and update the human resources data base, and update the organization chart on a monthly basis and circulate to employees.
- Assist with employee safety, welfare and wellness programs, and support internal communications and staff training & development needs.
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and procedures as well as external regulatory concerns and applicable labour laws.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Human Resources Officer career placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology from a reputable university.
- Possession of a post graduate diploma in Human Resources Management will be of an added advantage
- At least three to five years hands on experience as HR Generalist with expertise in managing employee training and development, Performance Management of satellite staff and Employee Relations.
- Previous experience gained in international non-profit sector preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills, and active listening skills.
- Understanding of the sensitivity and confidentiality of the HR function.
- Strong inter-personal and team building skills.
- Ability to manage a large and variable work load, ensuring timely and accurate completion of assigned work.
- Excellent skills in data bases, word processing, spreadsheets.
- Detail oriented and with special attention to accuracy.
- Well organized, self guided and motivated to produce quality work.
- Integrity, objectivity, and the ability to gain the trust and respect of peers
- Fluency in English and at least one local language.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send apply online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline