Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Organization: War Child Canada
Reports to: Country Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
War Child Canada is an internationally recognized charity that works with war-affected communities to help children reclaim their childhood through access to education, opportunity and justice. In Uganda, through its Access to Justice and Protection programmes, War Child Canada provides Legal Aid services for Women and Child Survivors of violence and raises public awareness around the impact of conflict on communities and the shared responsibility to act. This programme has now expanded to the South Sudanese refugee settlements in the West Nile region and Kiryandongo where War Child Canada seeks to increase the legal protections of children, youth, women and men and continue to address the prevalence of perpetrators’ impunity through legal intervention, awareness raising and capacity building. Our programming emphasizes strong Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) prevention, identification and response interventions.
War Child Canada has received funding from United States Department of State Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (BPRM) to increase protection for refugees and other vulnerable persons in Ugandan refugee settlements in the districts of Adjumani, Arua, Kiryandongo, Koboko and Kamwenge.
Job Summary: The Human Resources (HR) Manager is responsible for effective Human Resource management and support in War Child Canada, Uganda country program and offices, ensuring consistent and knowledgeable advice and direction with respect to relevant labour legislation and the effective and consistent administration and interpretation of the organization’s policies, procedures, guidelines and practices
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the War Child Canada Human Resource Manager job placement must hold a Post graduate or equivalent qualification in Human Resources Management, organizational behaviour, business or related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
· At least five years’ HR Management experience in one or more human resource functions including recruitment, employee relations, HR administration, and staff development.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the Ugandan employment law and an ability to interpret legislation and regulations.
· Well-developed knowledge of, and experience in the application of contemporary HR procedures and practices.
· Demonstrated effectiveness in contributing and working in a team environment, including the capacity to review and improve workplace practices.
· Proven ability to interact proactively and collaboratively with management and staff at all levels of the organisation in the resolution of HR issues.
· Demonstrated competence in conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills..
· Ability to contribute towards the development and implementation of HR programs and initiatives to meet the needs of the organization.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a detailed CV, cover letter indicating clearly daytime telephone contact and active email address, photocopies of relevant certificates (both professional and vocational) and contact information of at least three professional referees. Please clearly indicate position and location for which you are applying.
Interested applicants should deliver ONLY hard copies of their Application Packages to any of the following War Child Canada Offices:
Kampala: 2nd Floor, Plot 944 Ggaba Road, Kansanga. (Please ensure applications are delivered to War Child Canada NOT War Child Holland.
Arua: Rhino Camp Refugee Settlement Yoro Base Camp.
Kiryandongo: Kanyadoli Refugee Settlement RFM Base Camp, Bweyale.
Koboko: Lobule Refugee Settlement, Office of the Prime Minister Building
Deadline: 28th October, 2016 by 5PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline