Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Organization: Reliable Corporate Solutions (RCS) - Hotel
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Reliable Corporate Solutions (RCS) is a performance enhancement firm known for people and organization development. We specialize in developing and strengthening organization systems through research and information interpretation, behavioral and attitude change, Staff training, Recruitment, and R & D. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, a 5-Star hotel in Mbale.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Manager Develops policy and directs and coordinates human resources activities, such as employment, compensation, labor relations, benefits, training, and employee services by performing the following duties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keenly analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
· Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
· Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
· Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
· Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization.
· Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
· Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
· Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
· Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
· Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
· Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
· Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
· Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
· Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within organization. Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
· Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
· Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier. Coordinates Safety Committee meetings and acts as Safety Director.
· Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
· Prepares budget of human resources operations.
· Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
· Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
· Represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
· Contracts with outside suppliers to provide employee services, such as temporary employees, search firms, or relocation services.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management
· Possession of post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management.
· A minimum of seven years of work experience as a Human Resource Manager,
· Proven working experience as a Human Resource Manager
· Excellent training skills
· Ability to coach others
· Excellent budgeting skills and planning skills
· Should be great at policy development and implementation.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs to email@example.com
Deadline: 30th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline