Job Title: Human Resource & Administration Manager
Organisation: Micro-Haem Scientifics and Medical Supplies Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
Micro-Haem Scientifics and Medical Supplies Limited mandate is supply of high quality pharmaceutical and medical products (consumables and equipment) of latest technology in Uganda and E. Africa; Manufacture Drugs and Medical Devices/Instruments; Operate the Microhaem Medical Equipment Training School (offer training, research, capacity building programmes, establish incubation centre; collaborate with and outsource medical professionals from related training institutions globally); run curriculum that meets international standards); and engage in maintenance, servicing and repairing of medical equipment.
Job Summary: The Human Resource & Administration Manager is mainly responsible for managing Company’s human resource function. The incumbent must be a skilled HR manager to oversee all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes; will support business needs and ensure the proper implementation of company strategy and objectives. The incumbent will promote corporate values and enable business success through job design, recruitment, performance management, training & development, talent management, and employment cycle changes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy;
· In charge of providing HR. functional guidance to management, Heads of Department,
· Line Managers and Staff on the interpretation, application, implementation and communication of Company HR. decisions, policies procedures and actions;
· Providing satisfying solutions to Line Managers on HR operational issues;
· Responsible for initiating and delivering on the execution of the various Company HR Goals and Strategies in accordance with the Company’s Business Plan;
· Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital;
· Routinely monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the Company;
· Ensure HR functions are carried out as stipulated in HR policy and procedures manual;
· Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues;
· Nurture a positive working environment;
· Manage the recruitment and selection process;
· Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance;
· Maintain pay plan and benefits program;
· Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs;
· Draw up and manage leave
· Work in liaison with the Department heads, manage the training plan
· Ensure workman’s compensation and staff medical insurance up to date at all times
· Maintain the employee database
· Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics;
· Ensure legal compliance.
· Manages High level confidentially of the workforce
Key Results Areas:
· Developed key performance
· Developed Strategies for staff performance appraisal
· Embraced and owned company vision, mission by staff members,
· A well-developed strategy of application of HR procedures in the company.
· Well-development policies on staff development.
· A high level of ability to interact proactively with management and staff at all levels of the organisation in the resolution of HR issues.
· Developed operational reporting tools
· Developed policies for dispute resolution
· Health and safety
· Improved staff-discipline, dress code, compliance with the company rules, standards and morals.
· Developed strategy for succession
· Developed retirement plan
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Human Resources Management or related field, with a Master’s Degree or Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management and LLB.
· Proven working experience as HR manager
· A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant working experience and exposure in managing HR preferably in a large operation organization or work context, at least three of which as Head or Deputy Head at management level
· People oriented, likeable and results driven
· Good problem solver and expediter, with capacity to think strategically and to operate at all management and staff levels
· The applicant must be an honest, mature and well balanced person with integrity
· Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
· Possess good leadership and analytical skills
· Demonstrable experience with HR metrics
· Knowledge of HR systems and databases
· Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
· Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
· In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
· Computer literacy skills
· Age: Between 35-45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their sealed applications either hand delivered or via post to:
ACLAIM Africa Limited,
Plot M99 Nakasero Hill Lane,
P. O. Box 7202, Kampala, Uganda.
The completed applications should include a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae indicating three professional referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors and Copies of Academic Certificates.
Deadline: 14th October, 2016 by 5 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline