Job Title: Hospital Catering Manager & Executive Chef
Organisation: Kampala Hospital
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Kampala Hospital is a privately owned hospital that was established in 2007. Our mandate was and is to bring non-existent services to the countries that were often sought by many people who frequently moved abroad to seek quality medical care.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Mentor, train and manage kitchen personnel.
· Supervise/coordinate all related culinary activities.
· Estimate food consumption and requisition or purchase food.
· Select and develop recipes; standardize production recipes to ensure consistent quality.
· Establish presentation technique and quality standards.
· Plan and price menus.
· Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance.
· Ensure proper safety and sanitation in kitchen.
· Promoting and marketing the business.
· Preparing and presenting staffing/sales reports
· In charge of keeping statistical and financial records
· Handling administration and paperwork
· Reduce on ordering times and handling client enquires and complaints
· Assessing and improving profitability.
· Agreeing and managing budgets
· Setting targets
· Ensuring compliance with licensing, hygiene and health and safety legislation/guidelines
· Directly supervises kitchen personnel with responsibility for hiring, discipline, performance reviews and initiating pay increases.
· Actively participate in cooking selected items or for select occasions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Hospital Catering Manager & Executive Chef job must possess a culinary related diploma with five or more years of industry degree: and culinary management experience
· Previous experience with control food and labor cost, demonstration cooking, menu development, pricing and development of culinary team is preferred.
· Prior experience in a hospital environment is an added advantage
· Core Competencies: Leadership, Management, Planning
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send an application letter, an updated CV that provides details of the applicant’s specific qualification (copies of their “Academic Transcripts”) and in addition MUST include details of present position, current remuneration and contacts of three professional referees. Send your application using courier, hand delivery or e-mail to the following address: email@example.com.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Kindly indicate the post title in the subject line when applying by email.
Deadline: 7th October 2016 by 5PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline