Job Title: Head of Finance
Organization: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (CORSU)
Duty Station: Kisubi, Wakiso, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services in Uganda (for people with disability) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CoRSU Rehabilitation Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre on Entebbe Road provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children with disability.
Job Summary: The Head of Finance manages the financial function of CoRSU and ensure that all financial records are accurately written, properly maintained and regular/ periodical returns are properly compiled and submitted to CEO and where necessary to the Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare Hospital Annual Budget and budget applications for the Board/ Regional Office approval and make call-up for funds from the Regional Office.
· The incumbent will maintain proper and updated record of hospital assets (fixed and movable) inclusive of monetary value of stocks, fixed assets, and prepare detailed and comprehensive Annual Financial Reports.
· Ensure that national fiscal regulations and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) are adhered to.
· Prepare claims for transit services (recoverable, employee claims, and special programs – Ghent University and RCS)
· Ensure that statutory payments are effected within the set time limits.
· Actively facilitate the work of the Internal and External Auditors by providing all the relevant information
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce/ Business Administration (Accounting option)
· Possession of an MBA - Accounting/Finance and MSC – Accounting/Finance will be an added advantage
· Professional qualification in accounting preferably ACCA, CIMA, CFA, CPA (U), CPA(K) and Membership with a professional accounting body
· At least five years’ professional experience in finance and accounting of a reputable organization with two years’ experience in supervision of a finance and accounts team of an NGO/Not-for-Profit.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application letter and a CV along with the contacts of three professional referees to:
The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd,
4th Floor, DTB Centre, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 14th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline