Job Title: Head of Finance and Administration
Organization: African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Child Abuse and Neglect (
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The African Network for the Prevention and Protection against Child Abuse and Neglect (ANPPCAN) Uganda Chapter is a non-profit child focused organization working to protect and promote the rights of children in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Head of Finance and Administration will offer strategic direction and leadership in the area of financial management and to ensure that the organisation’s overall strategic objectives are met within the framework of the financial management policies. The Head of Finance and Administration also ensures that there is adherence to local and international financial management procedures and guidelines. The job is critical towards:
· Supporting the Executive Director in ensuring efficient and effective utilization of the organization's human and financial resources in accordance with ANPPCAN's policies and procedures,
· Providing overall leadership to the Finance and Administration team of the organisation, maintaining a sound and optimal Human resources management system and environment in the organisation,
· Supporting the Executive Director in the overall management of the organization as part of the organization’s senior management team as well as the smooth day-to-day administration of the ANPPCAN Secretariat
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for ensuring the development, implementation and monitoring of ANPPCAN’s financial transactions.
· Ensuring that transactions are recorded, in line with fund accounting policies, on an accurate and timely basis and financial reports and accountabilities are provided to stakeholders by the prescribed deadlines.
· In charge of maintaining a strong internal control environment. Promote a shared culture and ownership of strong internal controls throughout the organization.
· Ensuring the implementation and monitoring of internal control processes that are in line with existing ANPPCAN’s finance policies and minimize loss of organization’s assets.
· Preparing and analysing timely and accurate financial statements direct from the ANPPCAN’s financial database. Produce monthly management accounts and monitoring for performance and efficiency. Analyze ANPPCAN’s financial data on a monthly basis; track key indicators and timelines. Provide written or verbal analysis for management and program staff as and when required.
· Work closely with other management team members to develop and finalize the quarterly and annual plans and budgets. Prepare budgets for all concepts papers and proposals in cooperation with the program development team in accordance with the deadlines.
· In charge of ensuring that the organization at all times remains compliant to all relevant laws and regulations by constantly monitoring and adhering to the legal and regulatory requirements.
· Ensuring that the operating environment minimises the risk for the potential loss of organizational resources and reputation. Advise management on corrective measures needed and success of previous actions taken.
· Supporting all external audits ensuring the timely implementation of all audit recommendations.
· Ensuring proper accountability for the organization’s funds as per the established guidelines and procedures.
· Supporting the Executive Director in the recruitment, training, disciplining and promotion of staff as appropriate. Develop staff development opportunities and promote performance management systems.
· Supporting the Executive Director in the overall management of the organization as part of the senior management team as well as day to day administration of the Secretariat.
· Carrying out any other duties as might be necessary for maintaining and effective financial management system.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting from a reputable university. A Masters Degree in Finance and Accounting is desirable.
· Full professional accounting qualifications such as ACCA, CPA.
· At least five years’ experience with at least three of these at management level in accounting and finance preferably in an NGO sector
· Broad knowledge of MS computer packages and Quickbooks accounting software
· Broad knowledge of donor accounting procedures
· Working knowledge of tax laws and systems in Uganda
· Skills in budgeting and budgetary control
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit this filled Application Form, download here and send it to this E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Friday, 18th November, 2016 by 5pm
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline