Job Title: Receptionist
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and childe development services.
Job Summary: The Receptionist is responsible for attending to visitors and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face. S/he is expected to provide general information regarding the organization to the general public, clients and customers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Receptionist will carry out general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing.
· Offer office administrative support including organization and facilitation for internal meetings, drafting agendas, and taking minutes;
· Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a project archive, including contract and subcontract documents, client approvals, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, project deliverables, project reports , and minutes of meetings.
· Manage and document correspondences between project offices, the home office, client, other partners, and stakeholders.
· The incumbent will assist new staff orientation, onboarding and other HR initiatives.
· Answer incoming telephone calls, take complete and accurate messages for people who are not available, and ensure they receive the messages.
· Greet and escort guests.
· Ensure timely settlement of office bills.
· Assist with making logistical arrangements for project events and field activities.
· Make logistical arrangements for project staff traveling outside their region or for international visitors.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Receptionist job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Leisure & Hospitality, Social Science, or other relevant field.
· A minimum of two (2) years relevant professional experience in reception Management or customer case
· Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
· Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable.
· Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
· Excellent inter-personal communication skills
· Excellent organization skills.
· Fluency in oral and written English.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline