Job Title: Cleaner/ Office Assistant
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Office Management Officer
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and child development services.
Job Summary: The Cleaner/ Office Assistant will be responsible for general administrative support to with the overall aim of ensuring smooth functioning of office operations and project activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of cleaning offices, bathrooms, kitchen, general areas and floors of the office daily.
· Washing dishes on a regular basis throughout the day.
· Responsible for preparing and cleaning up after coffee/tea breaks as requested by the Office Management Assistant.
· Assisting in ensuring that the kitchen is stocked with tea, coffee, sugar, milk and other supplies.
· Assist in compound cleaning when requested; and
· Support the Office Management Officer as needed in the following:
· In charge of receiving visitors in a courteous way and directing them accordingly.
· Receiving incoming phone calls and making out going phone calls as requested by the COP and other staff.
· Receiving incoming mail and dispatching out-going mail accordingly.
· Prepare/photocopy all training material prior to training.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Office Management Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Cleaner/ Office Assistant job placement must hold an A-level Certificate with relevant training in office management.
· At least two years of office support experience and one year experience in project related work.
· Able to work with an international/multi-cultural team.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
· Good written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
· Basic knowledge with computer use
· Fluent written and spoken English
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline