Job Title: Stores Assistant
Organisation: Human Resource Service Centre (HRSC) – Senana Supermarket
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Human Resource Service Centre (HRSC) is a fast –growing international consulting firm that offers human resource and business support services to organisations both within and outside Uganda. We serve a variety of clients including: students, individuals, working professionals, start-up companies and established SMEs and NGOs, government agencies and projects. HRSC primarily seeks to support its client streamline HR strategies, structures and processes as well as building sustainable internal human resource capacity. Human Resource Service Centre (HRSC) is recruiting for a state-of-art supermarket in the middle of Kampala.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Stores Assistant will receive the merchandise as they are delivered by the suppliers to the stores.
· The incumbent will analyse all relevant document Delivery Notes, item list among others to ensure that the items are of correct quantities and quality and meet the standards
· Physically verify and record all quantities delivered against the quantities indicated on the delivery documents.
· The jobholder will coordinate the loading and off-loading of the items/merchandise and ensures that there is no or minimum damage during the exercise
· Ensures that there is proper layout and design in the stores and easy accessibility of various items as and when needed
· Accurately fill and update all the stores documents including stock cards and store issue book.
· Keep daily records of stores movement for the goods/items received and dispatched including the destinations.
· Actively participate in the monthly stock taking
· Ensure no item leaves the stores without prior approval of the Supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Senana Supermarket Stores Assistant job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics and supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Stores Management or a Diploma in the related relevant field
· A certificate or additional qualification in Stores Management is an added advantage.
· Two years’ hands-on experience in stores with a busy organisation of company
· Previous experience in dealing with labourers and transporters.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· High level of honesty, integrity, confidentiality and accountability
· Basic hands on/practical knowledge in MS Word and Excel
· Excellent communication skills and high level of customer care
· Willing to work long hours with minimum supervision.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications together with an updated CV with at least three suitable referees with their telephone contacts to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com (Please indicate the position you are applying for)
Deadline: 6th October, 2016
Note: We respect all applicants but only successful candidates will be shortlisted and contacted. If you do not hear from us within three weeks from the date of submission of your application, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline