Job Title: Store Keeper
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Kabale, Uganda
Reports to: Financial Accountant
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education - not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for raising requisitions for materials.
- Responsible for receiving and recording the supplies.
- In charge of inspecting all delivered supplies.
- Responsible of recording supplies received in the relevant books.
- In charge of issuing of stocks to User departments
- Responsible for storing stocks in their respective places.
- Responsible for maintaining stores records.
- Responsible of ensuring that quarterly stock counts are done.
- Responsible for monitoring stock levels.
- In charge of supervising departmental stores.
- Will be in charge of preparing the necessary reports required by the Financial Accountant from time to time.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Financial Accountant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UCU Store keeper job placement must hold a Diploma in Stores Management or a relevant field from a reorganized institute of higher learning.
- At least two years of proven working experience performing similar tasks.
- Impeccable integrity.
- Must be a good team player
- The applicant must be a mature and committed Christian.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three (Academic, Leadership, Pastoral) references. Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts to:
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 21st October 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline