Job Title: Security and Debt Recovery Coordinator
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Tugende is a for-profit social enterprise that helps motorcycle taxi drivers in Uganda own their own motorcycles via a fair, transparent lease model instead of renting indefinitely. Ownership significantly increases income, job security and road safety. Tugende offers hire purchase arrangements of new motorcycles to recommended riders.
Job Summary: The Security and Debt Recovery Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating security operations and managing Tugende’s debt portfolio.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all security protocols and procedures are followed in all operations
- Plan and coordinate all security and recovery operations
- The jobholder will also coordinate with staff when responding to emergencies and recoveries
- Investigate and resolve all recovery issues
- Review reports on incidents and breaches and make relevant recommendation
- Prepare and submit timely reports on all managed or investigated recoveries or security operation.
- Manage a complete debt collection portfolio (policy, procedures & administrative records)
- Deal with routine correspondences with regard to all collections or recovery issues with both the customers and their guarantors
- Issue notices and make reminders calls to customers about outstanding balances and explain penalties, interests and consequences for failure to comply
- The incumbent will negotiate with both customers and guarantors on payment plans
- Analyse trends and make suggestions to improve the overall collection effectiveness
- Provide monthly reports and analyses of the debt portfolio status
- Advise on which delinquent accounts should be forwarded for litigation or third party and provide all the necessary documentation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Security and Debt Recovery Coordinator job placement should hold a Degree in Law
- One year of experience in debt recovery
- The ideal candidate must hold values similar to our own Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Solution-Oriented and Always growing
- Ability to handle pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent surveillance and emergency response skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of all hazards and threats to safety & security
- Good listening and verbal skills
- Appropriately assertive manner to deal with debtors and clients
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently
- Ability and willingness to learn how to ride a motorcycle.
- Applicants have the opportunity to be promoted to: Branch Coordinators or Operations Managers
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications which should include an application letter and an up-to-date detailed CV with three professional referees and academic credentials addressed to the:
Human Resources Department,
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Your name and the position you are applying for should be indicated in the subject of your email. The applications MUST NOT EXCEED 2MB.
Deadline: Friday 7th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline