Job Title: Project Trainee - Oil In Uganda Project
Organisation: ActionAid Uganda (AAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Editor Oil in Uganda Project
ActionAid is an International Development Agency working in over 50 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. ActionAid’s mission is to work with the poor and the ActionAid Uganda (AAU), a national development organization registered under the laws of Uganda and with a local Board.
Job Summary: The Project Trainee Oil in Uganda project will be responsible for collecting data, generating ideas and disseminating information through the project website and the project Newsletter within the project work plan in line with the department mission.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer technical support in developing concept notes for the different activities per the prevailing budget provisions.
· Generate story ideas and provide updates for both the project website and newsletter in line with the project work plan.
· Work closely with the cluster coordinators within the Albertine region to coordinate and ensure implementation of project activities.
· Organize and run meetings with key stakeholders and journalists to provide updates on letters, stories and opinions for publication.
· Keenly review and quality check stories with support from the Managing Editor before publication.
· Expand the readership of the newsletter by looking out for new organizations, government bodies, academic institutions and individuals interested in the newsletter
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Action Aid International Project Trainee Oil in Uganda project vacancy should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, Development studies or any social science discipline.
· One year of relevant working experience preferably in NGO sector
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the extractive industry
· Excellent community mobilization skills
· Networking and coalition/movement building
· Critical report writing and analysis
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
How to Apply:
All qualified and interested candidates should deliver their application letters, CVs and copies of Academic documents with details of at least three (3) referees one of which shall be from your most recent employer. The complete applications should be hand delivered or sent by email to Vacancies.Uganda@actionaid.org addressed to: The Director Human Resource and Organizational Effectiveness, ActionAid Uganda Plot 2514/2515 Ggaba Road, Opposite Kampala International University, P.O. Box 676 Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 7th October 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline