Job Title: Project Assistant WASH (Hygiene Promotion)
Organisation: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
Job Summary: The Project Assistant WASH (Hygiene Promotion) will be tasked with the development and monitoring of all projects (or core competence) in West Nile. The current projects include education, livelihoods/food security and WASH.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
· Offer support in the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
· Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
· Ensure proper filing of documents
· Supervise sanitation activities and resources so that they are implemented and handed over or ended in a way that promotes local capacities and sustainable operations
· Actively promote safe Sanitation practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services specifically water supply (Tap stands), and Hand washing facilities.
· Training WASH cluster on WASH related topics (WASH committee, School hygiene clubs and camp leaders, market committee).
· Conduct community mobilization and sensitization of all WASH activities.
· Asses and analyse emerging public health needs and recommend sustainable practical solutions
· Collate data from the incentive workers and prepare regular reports on activities and WASH conditions for monitoring.
· Actively participate in needs assessments, baseline studies and periodic studies, and feedback findings to the stakeholders.
· Identify needs for non-food items relevant to hygiene; participate in the choice of items, targeting strategy, distribution, promotion of effective use, and post-distribution monitoring.
· Take account of gender, protection, HIV, the environment, and other important cross-cutting concerns in programme design, implementation, and reporting; carry out activities in a way that reflects the needs of specific groups and individuals e.g. elderly people, minority groups, children, and people with disabilities.Capacity building, supervision and monitoring of refugee community work
· Ensuring that HR processes are properly done for each of the refugee community staff.
· Represent NRC in co-ordination meetings when called upon.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Project Assistant WASH (Hygiene Promotion) job career should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental science/health or any other relevant discipline.
· A minimum of two years of proven practical experience in the planning and execution of WASH Programmes in a humanitarian programme in water quality and hygiene promotion.
· Previous experience in capacity building and training of staff and target groups
· Political and cultural awareness and experience of working where insecurity is a major issue
· Sensitivity to the needs and priorities of disadvantaged populations (minority groups etc)
· Significant experience in integrating gender and diversity issues into WASH Programming.
· Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities
· All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified Ugandan candidates who wish to join one of the world’s leading relief organisations, Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) should apply by visiting the web link below.
Deadline: 17th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline