Job Title: Yard Supervisor
Organization: TOTAL Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Depot Manager
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. In Uganda, we are a major player in the Oil and Gas sector with 125 service stations across the country.
Job Summary: The Yard Supervisor will carry out safety checks on trucks and wagons entering the TOTAL Jinja depot as well as calibration charts, dipsticks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will observe and implement the company HSE programs in the depot
· Supervise tank dipping on a daily basis as per the required standards
· Carry out safety checks on trucks and wagons entering the depot as well as calibration charts, dipsticks
· Regularly analyse the safe to load data and ensure that all trucks are effectively assessed using this tool
· Deploy and supervise Operatives to maximise full productivity and efficiency
· Maintain the cleanliness of the depot to the required standards
· Manage safe transition of the depot maintenance to the night guards after the day’s operations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the TOTAL Yard Supervisor job placement should hold a good diploma in Engineering
· A minimum of two years working experience in a petroleum-related role
· Broad knowledge of the Petroleum industry operations with an appreciation of Operational Health and Safety
· Highly flexible, quick to adapt, self motivated and able to supervise others
· Proven ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
· Excellent computer and numeric skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application letter, updated CV and academic documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the Job Title in the subject line. The attached files should not exceed 1MB.
Deadline: 22nd October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline