Job Title: Officer, Records Management
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 19344
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Officer, Records Management will implement policies, procedures and practices for records management to ensure compliance with business and regulatory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keenly verify particulars of records and documents delivered for storage from the Bank’s network.
· Create / update indices of records or documents delivered for storage in the electronic system for physical records management (PDMS).
· Process and scan records and documents that are to be captured and stored in the electronic document management system (EDMS).
· Provide post scanning quality assurance to ensure that records and documents captured are complete, accurate and of high quality.
· Ensure the functionally of electronic document management systems by running calibration tests and basic cleaning, set up scanners for use and select appropriate settings for scanning, and trouble shoot scanner functions when required, and escalate where appropriate.
· Store and maintain physical records appropriately.
· Search for and retrieve records or documents required for business purposes within the agreed SLA and with respect to accuracy and confidentiality.
· Document and authorize check-in and check-out of records according to the established procedures of the Bank.
· Prepare and keep work statistics as required.
· Responsible for supervising outsourced casual labour staff.
· To undertake from time to time, any other duties commensurate with the grade of the post.
Service and Efficiency:
· Speed and accuracy in indexing, scanning, storage and retrieval of records with in the Banks records infrastructure according to SLAs.
· Ensure timely and accurate implementation of records disposal procedures in line with the Bank guidelines and other regulations.
· Prevent unauthorised access to records and documents kept at the Bank’s records centre.
· Ensure proper labelling of records and documents, and their associated containers.
· Identification of own skill gaps and preparation of Personal Development Plan.
· Make full use of all training and development opportunities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Officer, Records Management job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Records Management from a recognised university.
· One year of working experience in records and archives operations.
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS Office applications and the use of electronic document and records management systems.
· Data capture.
· Working in a busy office environment.
· Knowledge of records, archives or library management principles and practices.
· Understand records management regulatory environment.
· Basic knowledge of electronic records and document management systems.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 16th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline