Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Organization: War Child Canada
Reports to: Logistics and Security Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
War Child Canada is an internationally recognized charity that works with war-affected communities to help children reclaim their childhood through access to education, opportunity and justice. In Uganda, through its Access to Justice and Protection programmes, War Child Canada provides Legal Aid services for Women and Child Survivors of violence and raises public awareness around the impact of conflict on communities and the shared responsibility to act. This programme has now expanded to the South Sudanese refugee settlements in the West Nile region and Kiryandongo where War Child Canada seeks to increase the legal protections of children, youth, women and men and continue to address the prevalence of perpetrators’ impunity through legal intervention, awareness raising and capacity building. Our programming emphasizes strong Sexual and Gender-Based Violence (SGBV) prevention, identification and response interventions.
War Child Canada has received funding from United States Department of State Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (BPRM) to increase protection for refugees and other vulnerable persons in Ugandan refugee settlements in the districts of Adjumani, Arua, Kiryandongo, Koboko and Kamwenge.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Logistics Assistant will support the Logistics and Security Manager in the provision of adequate and timely logistical and security support to ensure the effective implementation of War Child Canada country programs and operations in Uganda.
· Support the Logistics and Security Manager in effectively managing logistics activities to ensure the provision of adequate and timely logistical support for effective implementation of WCC Uganda country programs and operations.
· Respond to program and support function enquiries and logistical support requests in adequate and timely manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the War Child Canada Logistics Assistant job vacancy must hold a diploma or certificate in logistics, procurement, supply chain or related field.
· At least two years’ experience in a similar position.
· Previous experience or good understanding of logistics support services, including transport, procurement and stock control.
· Good coordination skills - methodical and self-organized with the ability to respond quickly to support requests.
· Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, outlook, internet).
· Good written and spoken English language, including report writing.
· Good lobbying and advocacy skills.
· Strong team work with the ability to interact proactively and collaboratively with WCC program and support teams at all levels of the organization.
· Willingness to work in remote area and undertake frequent travel, at times in short notice and spend time away from base and home.
· Commitment to War Child’s vision, mission and principles.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a detailed CV, cover letter indicating clearly daytime telephone contact and active email address, photocopies of relevant certificates (both professional and vocational) and contact information of at least three professional referees. Please clearly indicate position and location for which you are applying.
Interested applicants should deliver ONLY hard copies of their Application Packages to any of the following War Child Canada Offices:
Kampala: 2nd Floor, Plot 944 Ggaba Road, Kansanga. (Please ensure applications are delivered to War Child Canada NOT War Child Holland.
Arua: Rhino Camp Refugee Settlement Yoro Base Camp.
Kiryandongo: Kanyadoli Refugee Settlement RFM Base Camp, Bweyale.
Koboko: Lobule Refugee Settlement, Office of the Prime Minister Building
Deadline: 28th October, 2016 by 5PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline