Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Kabale, Uganda
Reports to: Principal
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education - not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of developing Annual Audit work plan based on Risk Assessment, outlining the scope of work to be carried out during the year.
- Reviewing the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance systems, within the University.
- Keen review operations and programs of different departments to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are being carried out as planned.
- Responsible for appraising the economy and efficiency with which University resources are employed
- Assessing the relevance, reliability, timeliness and adequacy of management information.
- Ascertaining the extent of compliance with established internal policies, plans and procedures, and significant legislative/regulatory requirements.
- Reporting to management, the results of audit findings, the audit opinions formed, and the recommendations made.
- Preparing Audit reports to be distributed to the College Council.
- Recommending improvements in procedures and systems to prevent waste, extravagance and loss.
- Guiding management on appropriate systems of internal control and other operational matters.
- Liaising regularly and coordinates work with external auditors to avoid duplication of work.
- Witnessing inventory taking of the Universities supplies on semester and annual basis.
- Following -up on audit recommendations to ensure appropriate action has been taken on significant audit findings.
- In charge of developing the Internal Audit Charter and Internal Audit Manual and incase of any amendments seeks approval of the Local Advisory Committee.
- Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Principal or Deputy Principal.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the UCU Internal Auditor job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (2:1) from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Hold professional qualifications of CPA, CIA or ACCA.
- At least two years’ experience through public accounting/auditing.
- Possess strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, Accounting software like SAP and FOCUS.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrate high standards of integrity, ethics, objective judgment and independence
- Should be a mature and committed Christian.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three (Academic, Leadership, Pastoral) references. Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts to:
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
Deadline: 21st October 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline