Job Title: Inspector of Works
Organisation: Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Road Maintenance Engineer
The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by an Act of Parliament; The Uganda National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006. UNRA became operational on 1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns, among others.
Job Summary: The Inspector of Works will be responsible for execution of routine and periodic maintenance activities for roads and bridges under the station for both Contracts and Force Account. This will involve executing Force Account and periodic maintenance activities, supervision of works, timely field progress reporting and participation in preparation of closure report detailing the works done. In addition, the Inspector of Works will be responsible for performing regular inspections of the maintenance work on site and comparing completed work with drawings and specifications. This will entail inspecting works on a daily basis; keeping a daily record of instructions issued regarding plan and specification interpretation and any required change orders; coordinating with an independent testing lab any materials testing required and verifying quantities for payment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervise routine and periodic maintenance of roads/bridges in accordance with standards, specifications and best practice;
· Actively participate in implementation of Force Account activities in line with approved budget;
· Supervise manual routine maintenance (LBCs);
· Carry out regular inspection of maintenance works and ensuring conformance with drawings and specifications including final inspection and acceptance.
· The jobholder documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing work and waste; and inputting data into quality management database.
· Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations, and observing the health and safety provisions of road works.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UNRA Inspector of Works career placement should hold an Honors Degree in Civil Engineering or related field;
· At least two years’ experience in maintenance operations for roads and bridges.
· Computer literacy skills
· High level of integrity;
· Excellent track record of outstanding performance;
· Ability to work as part of a team;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relations;
· Ability to deliver accurate results in a timely manner and in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below. Please follow the instructions at the link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline