Job Title: Field Manager
Organisation: Pepstore Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pepstore Uganda deals in clothing and footwear, homeware, FMCG, cellular and airtime products and also offers a range of other services such as cash-backs, Capfin (for loans), funeral policies, cross-border money transfers, selected bill payments, Flash electricity tokens and many more.
Job Summary: The Field Manager will participate in training and development interventions that will prepare them to become qualified for the future Field Manager positions of Area Sales Managers and Stock Controllers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage a team of Store Managers to maximise the Key Performance Areas for the area of stores
· Manage the financial performance of the area by reducing costs and increasing efficiency and effectiveness
· Improve customer satisfaction levels through implementation of appropriate interventions
· Audit (e.g. check, reconcile, compare, verify) all admin related activities in the store, according to the standard audit programme
· Audit the general security of stores, e.g. alarm systems, door locks, fire extinguishers, rubbish removal, etc.
· Address any non-compliance to admin procedures by the Store Manager
· Improve operational image / branding by implementing pre-defined company store standards and specified layout designs
· Interpret and communicate company strategy in the specific area
· Manage the area’s operational people capacity by monitoring the availability of sufficient number of staff with required skills as well as planning for future capacity requirements.
· Coach and develop the team of Store Managers
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should have completed Grade 12 / Secondary School (UACE). Tertiary qualification would be an advantage.
· Possess a valid driver’s licence
· At least two years’ managerial experience within a formal retail environment.
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in MS Word, Excel
· Willingness to travel extensively within the country.
· English: compulsory Speaking, Reading and Writing
· Core skills needed: Attention to detail; financial / business / retail acumen; analytical ability; planning & organisation skills; problem assessment skills, strong relationship building skills, communication skills; negotiating and influencing, stress management.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their updated CVs of maximum 4 pages long, to: UGAPS1@pepstores.com
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline