Job Title: Data Management Officer
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Protection Manager
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will facilitate and/or dispatch data collection for the Protection and Community services programme and support the M&E officer for data collection methodology, data processing and data analysis. Ensure responses to report requests from the Protection team. Act as a local lead in compiling and calculating statistics. Train local staff and/or organize training in data management best practices. Liaise with headquarters on new reporting requirements and procedures.
· Ensure that relevant data elements are collected in a standardized manner and generate statistic through the use of statistic software (SPSS, STATA etc…). Conduct data collection audits in order to ensure that no unnecessary data collection is occurring and to ensure that all necessary data is being captured.
· The jobholder will also record explicit data audit trails and metadata elements when calculating statistics, such that data sources, data quality and the methods of calculation are systematically kept. Develop new data collection and data analysis tools, including efficient data capturing forms. Manage the registration database, oversee data input and reporting in close collaboration with other officers and managers (M&E, protection, community services, etc.). Create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet programme requirements. Convert, import and export data from systems as required.
· The Data Management Officer will manage, support and coach Data entry assistants
· Coordinate the activities of the BBTT team through close supervision, follow up and daily meetings
· Coordinate closely with the M&E Officer, Protection Manager and Community Service Manager and other internal and external stakeholders to make sure the programme team is provided with updated quantitative data and statistics;
· Act as a focal point for receiving and following up on overall statistics and data for the programme and ensure quality and relevance of the programme database
· Develop and improve a database according to identified needs from the programme team
· Support the M&E Officer for field data collection (quantitative)
· Handle all admin and finance matters related to the data entry team;
· Regularly monitor and evaluate the work of the data entry team
· Perform any other duties, as needed or requested by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the IRC Data Management Officer job vacancy should hold a University Degree in computer science, statistics, economics or a related field.
· At least two years’ experience in data management, statistics, analysis, information technology and administration
· Strong management and organizational skills.
· Excellent time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
· Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently.
· Flexible and able to work in a dynamic and diverse environment.
· Must be computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, STATA, SPSS).
· Language Skills: Excellent drafting and oral communication skills in English.
· IRC Standards for Professional Conduct: Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
NB: Female are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online by clicking on link below.
Deadline: 1st November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline