Job Title: Data Administrator
Organisation: Uganda Christian University (UCU)
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
Reports to: Coordinator – Teaching and Learning
Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through the higher education - not only of clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Job Summary: The Data Administrator will be responsible for maintaining students’ results by day-to-day updates and ensuring data consistency, integrity, availability and reliability in order to meet the necessary requirements for timely and efficient production of students’ Academic documents.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will administer and monitor the transmission of results from the Faculties to the Directorate of Teaching and Learning; Receive results from Faculties, ensure that all results have been received, assist in enforcing policies related to transmission of results from faculties to Academic Affairs Department, create and manage an archive for results received.
· Manage semester registration and update students’ marks in ARIMS for each semester.
· Offer support in training Faculty ARIMS users and offer support in ensuring consistency in insertion of marks.
· Conduct all necessary checks for the students’ details in the ARIMS Database.
· Generate Academic Transcripts, Certificates and other related reports for all campuses and regional colleges.
· Maintain client services and respond to inquiries.
· Perform any other official duties as may be required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the UCU Data Administrator career opportunity should hold a good Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
· At least two (2) years’ experience in academic management database systems.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
· Ability to work independently on own initiative.
· Excellent IT and computer skills including spreadsheets and Data Analysis Software.
· The applicant must be a Committed Christian of high integrity and able to maintain strict confidentiality.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send two (2) copies of an application letter clearly demonstrating suitability together with updated Curriculum Vitae and three (Academic, Leadership, Pastoral) references. Please remember to attach two (2) copies of academic and professional certificates and transcripts to:
The Manager, Human Resource & Administration,
Uganda Christian University,
P.O Box 4, Mukono, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 21st October 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline