Job Title: Assistant Warden Procurement
Organization: Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities which was established in 1996 in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200. The Mission of UWA is:” To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with neighboring communities and other stakeholders for the benefit of the people of Uganda and the global community.”
Job Summary: The Assistant Warden Procurement will interface and participate in planning, organizing and co-coordinating all Procurement and Disposal activities in the Organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Participate in the preparation and issue of Standard Bidding Documents (SBD) for goods, services and works required by User Department,
· Prepare and promptly submit monthly reports to Contracts Committee for all Micro Procurement transactions done within UWA and ensure submission to PPDA.
· Preparing and issuing Local Purchase Orders for all Procurement transactions of goods, services and works required by the User Department.
· Coordinating receiving and opening bids.
· Work closely with User Departments to develop appropriate specifications, Scope of works and Terms of reference for goods, works and services respectively.
· Maintaining a proper archive of records for all Procurement and Disposal activities.
· In charge of receiving and processing all Procurement and Disposal requisitions from the User Departments as required.
· The incumbent will deal with Suppliers in matters regarding shortages, rejections or any other complaint as reported by Stores Staff.
· Taking part in informing the user departments as regard to delivery delays of goods or completion delays of services and works.
· Making suggestions about the latest and more economical procurement options for User departments
· Performing any other duty assigned by the Procurement Manager or management from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UWA Assistant Warden Procurement career placement must hold an Honors Bachelors Degree in Procurement/Supply Chain Management from a recognized awarding Institution.
· Professional qualification in Supply Chain Management (CIPS) and a Post Graduate Diploma in Procurement Management from a recognized awarding Institution will be an added advantage.
· Computer literacy skills
· A minimum of two (2) years relevant working experience from a reputable Organization.
· Skills and experience in Procurement, Disposal and Contract Management;
· Proficiency in Information and Communications Technology
· High degree of Ethics and Integrity
· Concern for Quality and Standards
· Good time management skills
· Age: Below 35 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs and three (3) competent referees with daytime telephone contact addressed and submitted to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Uganda Wildlife Authority,
Plot 7 Kira Road, Kamwokya
P.O. Box 3530 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, please note that any form of lobbing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 28th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline