Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Senior Food Assistance Information Reporting Officer
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Food Assistance Information and Reporting Officer is mainly responsible for leading field-based IT operations pertaining to the Last Mile Mobile Solutions technology (whenever applicable) and Commodity Tracking System. This includes provision of technical support to commodity distribution field staff during field registrations/distributions, in addition to running the LMMS web application to help staff set up new distribution projects, run commodity shipment using LMMS/CTS, and assist in consolidating and generating LMMS/CTS reports including shipment and loss claim registers and loss files. This position will also require delivering systems maintenance, testing new software development for field deployment, soliciting client user requirements, and assisting with new/upgraded system installations.
The holder of the position should communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
LMMS System operation:
· Manages wireless connectivity issues between mobile devices, routers and roaming servers in field operations, troubleshooting where necessary.
· Ensures correct functioning of LMMS in beneficiary registration, enrollment, household updates and commodity distribution activities. Troubleshoots technical problems as they arise (including forcing the movement of filed data to permanent data repositories).
· Ensure backups of field data collection and ensures safety of data collected in field operations by password control to databases and encryption of laptop data where required.
· Help administer LMMS system users within the project in coordination with the commodity officer / manager.
· Serve as technical point of contact/support for Food Monitors and reports back to the core system delivery team on state of field deployments.
· Work closely with software developers and software partners in new systems development.
· Install LMMS in roaming servers, mobile devices and perform system data updates as required for field use.
· Report technical failures, help to replicate problems and lead field installations with system upgrades/new releases.
· Document technical shortfalls within the existing mobile product offering and with new version releases
· Prepare LMMS reports and forward them to relevant departments within WVK and LMMS Global IT.
Consolidation and Reviewing of Monthly Reports: (CTS)
· Assist consolidation of monthly commodity reports from the field into the CTS database in order to produce major reports (CSS, CSR, RSR, LSR) to donors and other stakeholders.
· Ensure timely submission of the replication and backups which include field reports, warehouse reports etc by 5th of every month for timely consolidation at the NO.
· Updating FGDB project progress reports
· Liaise with CO’s to ensure timely submission of beneficiary lists and backups by 10th of every month,
· Maintain a neat, organized and chronological filing system, ensuring that hard copies of the recommended reports are available and easy to access at any required time.
· Update the shipment registers and shipment receipt summaries to make sure that the soft copy and files are up to date for easy accessibility on monthly basis.
· Update the Loss claim registers and loss files to make sure that the soft copy and the files are up to date for easy accessibility on monthly basis.
· Make frequent visits to the field locations to assist in CTS documentation and accountability.
· Collect all the receipts and dispatch summary, truck inspection reports, loss reports, physical inventory, warehouse inspection report, distribution summaries and distribution center visit reports.
· Responsible to verify physical inventory for all the warehouses to ensure that the commodity book balances match the actual stock in the warehouses and explanations provided for any variances.
· Review invoices and other Cooperating Partner reports
Coordination and collaboration:
· Works closely with the field monitors and Commodity officers/field Coordinators on all LMMS/CTS issues.
· Work closely with the global LMMS Support personnel in all aspects of the technology readiness and rollout, in addition to providing feedback to, and receiving technical instructions from, the LMMS Field based System Support and Developer Officers on IT upgrades, maintenance and new developments
· In charge of the administration of LMMS asset control procedures.
· Participate in a forum of IT support staff for LMMS/CTS for sharing common experiences and troubleshooting technical challenges.
· Takes lead in capacity development with field staff to ensure adequate LMMS/CTS coverage.
· Work closely with the Senior FAIRO to supervise and provide training for all other PRRO staff especially
· Represent the NO in food assistance forums as advised by NO management
· Upon receipt of the Food log from OPM, formats it generate beneficiary distribution lists
· Prints the beneficiary distribution lists and shares with the Field Coordinator/ Monitors prior to the day of distribution.
· Perform any other duties as required by the Commodity Officer or his/her designee
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The prospective World Vision Food Assistance Information Reporting Officer employee should hold a Bachelor’s degree in computer Science or IT or any other related course from a recognized University.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the Windows Operating System – XP in particular. Comfortable invoking, stopping or restarting System Services, installing and uninstalling software, creating user groups and setting up user privileges.
· Solid networking skills – able to set up, securing and administer wireless ad-hoc peer-to-peer networks.
· Ability to isolate and troubleshoot network connectivity difficulties accordingly and through running IP configuration tools, resetting wireless connections. Understands TCP/IP protocol.
· Knowledgeable of Relational Database Management Systems – exposure to MySQL highly desirable, including the use of database management tools (such as MySQL Query Browser and Administrator).
· Ability to troubleshoot IT problems – both hardware and identify software failings. Aware of how to log, track and systematically troubleshoot IT problems.
· Very comfortable supporting end-users.
· Prior experience with WV CTS system and or UN WFP Compass system is an added advantage.
· Knowledge of WV, WFP and USAID regulations pertaining to relief food commodities tracking accounting and reporting.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Must have strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills with an attention to details.
· Requires the ability to effectively present concepts to lay users in various settings and by various means (verbal and written).
· Requires strong communication skills to interact with all levels of staff and management.
· Must be able to work effectively with a diverse team.
· Requires the ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks.
· Must have a service orientation.
· Conversant in English
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline