Job Title: Financial Development Officer
Organization: Al-Khatim Adlan Centre for Enlightenment and Human Development
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Al-Khatim Adlan Centre for Enlightenment and Human Development is a small dynamic NGO working in and on Sudan called Al-Khatim Adlan Centre for Enlightenment and Human Development (commonly known as KACE-Sudan). Currently based out of Kampala, the NGO works with the Sudanese civil society and the horn of Africa civil society, at large, through human rights and human development projects and to implement a diverse programmatic portfolio which aims to establish long-term peace and stability in Sudan.
Job Summary: The Financial Development Officer will be coordinating and monitoring the financial flow into the organization, as well as overseeing the programme development and financial management throughout the duration of the programmes. This includes developing projects, researching and writing grant applications and developing concept notes. The incumbent will also be responsible for liaising with current and potential donors, negotiating contracts and partnerships, monitoring project cycles and project management, reporting to donors and advising on long-term sustainability of programs. The position offers an exciting opportunity to work with all parts of the project cycle in close cooperation with each project team respectively, and also to take part in the long-term development of the programming strategy of the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work in liaison with the director, the administration manager and project managers to develop project ideas and concept notes in the thematic areas of work.
· Locate and join relevant networks on new grant opportunities, and nurture relationships with existing donors and partners.
· Pursuing new funding options and following up on leads with the director.
· Work closely with the finance officer on developing project budgets and liquidity forecasts for projects.
· In charge of monitoring projects in close coordination with project managers, supporting them whenever necessary in activities, and especially in drafting financial and narrative reports.
· Evaluate projects on a quarterly basis and assist the project team in meeting their plans of actions and budgets.
· Coordinate the director's schedule regarding meetings with partners.
· Managing a donor database for institutional sustainability including contact information and all materials linked to project contracts.
· Support with any English-language editing required for administration or project purposes.
· Perform various public relations work when required, especially with international NGOs, embassies, and other agencies.
· Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Financial Development Officer job placement must have two years’ experience in fundraising and programme development for NGOs.
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including reading and writing proficiency in English, ability to follow up quickly with email correspondence, and strong online research skills for grant opportunities.
· Excellent computer skills in Word and Excel
· Highly organized , can work under strict time pressure and can work outside normal business hours if required
· Ready to travel when necessary.
· A flexible and patient individual with a good sense of humor to handle the workload and the challenges of working on Sudan issues.
· Self-motivated with strong personal initiative and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
· Arabic language skills.
· Knowledge of or previous residence in Sudan.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs, cover letters and full contact information of 2 references to the following emails: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline