Job Title: Financial Controller
Organisation: Future Options Consulting Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Future Options Consulting Ltd is an online recruitment services which now seeks to recruit on behalf of its valued Client, a progressive international renewable energy business in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Financial Controller will steer the efficient accounting and financial administration of the company business and associated companies. The job’s purpose is to manage the day-to-day financial administration of these companies so as to facilitate their smooth running and compliance with internal policies and external requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide leadership to the finance function within the company to ensure professionalism, growth of team members and efficiency of service rendered.
· Manage effective corporate accounting procedures that adhere to the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
· Regularly monitor and ensure compliance with the various lender requirements as per the executed agreements.
· The jobholder will ensure compliance with all internal controls and financial procedures.
· Ensure effective cash flow management through tight control of inflows and outflows and regular cash forecasting.
· Ensure an effective process of recharging of costs from the company to the relevant Special Purpose Vehicles is implemented, monitored and adapted to meet business needs.
· Ensure procurement requests are executed in a timely and cost-efficient manner and in accordance to procurement guidelines and policies.
· Ensure compliance with applicable domestic tax regulations and liaise with tax authority and tax advisors when required.
· Take the lead on tax planning.
· Ensure annual financial audits for all SPV’s are completed on time and to budget and that all filing requirements are adhered to and address any matters raised during audits.
· The incumbent will develop, implement and ensure all weekly, monthly and annual reporting requirements are prepared to a high standard of accuracy as per issued deadlines. This will include interpretation of financial reports to management by providing appropriate commentary to financial performance and position.
· Prepare, supervise and monitor annual budgets.
· Prepare forecasts as required to ensure all risks and opportunities are accounted for.
· Keenly review, update and ensure compliance to all accounting and procurement policies.
· The incumbent will ensure appropriateness of accounting software and make improvements where necessary.
· Manage interfaces with other software such as ERP systems.
· Ensure that the financial regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met.
· Manage company policies regarding debt management, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must be a well-grounded finance professional who is a qualified member of a recognized accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification
· At least ten years of post qualification experience. Big 4 or audit background preferred with significant commercial / industry experience in operating business
· Fluency in English (written and oral) is essential.
· Local Ugandan tax knowledge is a pre-exquisite.
· Possess advanced numeracy and analytical skills •Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate, technically strong, dynamic, insightful and influential leader with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
· An ownership and management mentality and approach
· Openness to new ideas and ways of thinking and working
· Exceptional communication skills at all levels
· Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
· High degree of integrity and transparency combined with commitment to good governance.
· Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success
· Great team work skills and ability to develop excellent working relationships with colleagues at all levels in the business
· Computer literacy i.e. Advanced Excel and other Microsoft Office software capabilities
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications with updated curriculum vita including contacts of three professional referees to: The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda via email to: email@example.com
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 28th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline