Job Title: Financial Accountant
Organization: M-KOPA Solar Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
M-KOPA Solar is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers. Since its commercial launch in October 2012, M-KOPA has connected more than 200,000 homes in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda to solar power, and is now adding over 500 new homes each day. The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for US $0.45, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
Job Summary: The Financial Accountant will support the Finance Manager in ensuring that all financial and management reporting (statutory, group and adhoc) is completed as per requirement, and in implementing and maintaining effective and efficient financial and risk management policies and practices in line with statutory requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare all Financial (Statutory and Group) Reporting; Prepares monthly statements by collecting data; analyzing and investigating variances, summarizing data, information, and trends.
· Provides financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices.
· Perform GL accounts analysis; maintain the general ledger and conduct account reconciliations
· The incumbent will coordinate /support annual budget formulation and monitoring; prepare reports for management by studying variances, preparing budgets and developing forecasts.
· Coordinate internal & external audits.
· Update and manage fixed assets
· Assist the finance team in strategy formulation and implementation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Financial Accountant job vacancy must hold Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance /Business Administration or Qualified Accountant.
· Membership of a relevant professional accounting body (CPA, ACCA).
· A minimum of three to five years of accounting and compliance experience in a social enterprise
· GAAP knowledge & Uganda Tax knowledge.
· Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office with experience in Microsoft AX Dynamics or similar ERP software;
· Ability to work in a multi-tasked and fast paced environment with firm deadlines;
· Self- motivated with ability to work independently, strong analytical approach to problem solving;
· Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills;
· Integrity, credibility, and a commitment to M-KOPA mission;
· Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and up-to-date CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to with the subject “Financial Accountant” addressed to:
The Human Resource & Administration Manager,
M-KOPA Uganda Limited,
Lubowa Estate, Plot 1300 -1301 Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 4th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline