Job Title: Finance Officer
Organization: Wageningen UR Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Centre for Development Innovation (CDI) is the interdisciplinary and internationally focused unit of Wageningen University & Research Centre. CDI works on processes of innovation and change through facilitating innovation, brokering knowledge and supporting capacity development. The proposed Integrated Seed Sector Development (ISSD) Plus Uganda programme is coordinated by CDI and implemented by Wageningen UR Uganda, the legal entity in Uganda. The four-year ISSD Plus project to be funded by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Kampala. The programme aims to strengthen the development of a vibrant, pluralistic and market-oriented seed sector that is able to address key challenges that hamper the seed sector development such as seed quality assurance and availability of foundation seed.
Job Summary: The Finance Officer’s core responsibility will be to maintain accurate, comprehensive, and up to date financial records of the Project. Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position will also be responsible for supporting the Finance Manager to ensure that funds are spent compliantly and efficiently within the limits of pre-agreed budgets. S/he will also work closely with staff located at the ZARDI offices and key staff based in Kampala to ensure proper accountabilities of implemented activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keep up to date financial records and support the Finance manager to provide monthly expenditure overviews per budget item.
· The incumbent will ensure that all accounting records are duly verified, complete and posted into accounting system as per the organization’s financial guidelines.
· Carry out periodic independent audits of expenditures by field offices and implementing partners including verification of rates, recipients, etc.
· Travel to field offices to review expenditures relating to all accounting documents for accuracy and consistency with the organization’s financial guidelines.
· Keep up to date records on balances and budget line expenditures for approved field activities and advise the Finance Manager accordingly in order to ensure efficiency in planning field activities
· Support the Finance Manager to check that all financial transactions and payments are conducted professionally, recorded accurately and promptly within the approved budget lines.
· Follow-up on finance queries with the field offices and ensure timely response to all finance concerns raised.
· Actively participate in and assist with annual external audits.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a BSc accounting or finance
· A minimum of five years’ experience of verifying accountabilities
· At least three years’ experience of working with International NGO or Multipartner Projects.
· A minimum of three years’ experience in the position of finance officer, including use of accounting software and data entry in such software and budget monitoring.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
· Proven experience with using accounting software
· Computer literacy (MS Word and Excel)
· Keen eye for detail and zero-mistake mentalWillingness to travel up-country extensively
How to Apply:
All suitably and qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters and updated CVs (max. 6 pages) to email@example.com
NB: DO NOT attach certificates or academic qualification.
Deadline: 23rd October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline