Job Title: Finance Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Programs, CRS Uganda
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
Job Summary: The Finance/Accounting Officer will routinely track and reconcile project-related travel requests, expenses reports, cash advances and all the supporting documents for accuracy and alignment with PATH and donor policies and procedures, check all documents for local contracts, consultants, workshops, supplies and equipment, and ensure that all supporting documents are accurate and aligned with PATH and donor policies and procedures before posting in QuickBooks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The applicant will track and reconcile project-related travel requests, expenses reports, cash advances and all the supporting documents for accuracy and alignment with PATH and donor policies and procedures.
· Support staff on compliance with PATH administrative and financial procedures and policies.
· Ensure compliance with Government of Uganda financial procedures and relevant laws.
· Regularly track all staff advances to ensure staff advances are cleared on time as per PATH Policies.
· Regularly check all documents for local contracts, consultants, workshops, supplies and equipment, and ensure that all supporting documents are accurate and aligned with PATH and donor policies and procedures before posting in QuickBooks.
· Proper filling of documents in place for easy access of the documents after ensuring that they are verified and stamped.
· Post all payments received into the QuickBooks Accounting system.
· Support the process of all mobile money payments and reconciliations for Vendors and meeting and workshop participants.
· Register all payments received at PATH to ensure clear tracking and custody.
· Prepare VAT quarterly reports to be submitted to Donors.
· Scan all the payment vouchers and general journals for the FOFR Report Monthly.
· Perform any other duties assigned by the Performance Leader.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in BBA or BCOM Majoring in Accounting, ACCA, CPA, ACA or ICSA Partly or fully qualified is desirable
· At least five years’ experience in finance, with three years’ experience in contracts and financial management with USAID – funded projects
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Computer literacy i.e. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software applications.
· Demonstrated Integrity and transparency in handling Procurement transactions.
· Experience in working with Sub Grantees especially building their capacity.
· QuickBooks package usage.
· The applicant must currently have legal authorization to work in Uganda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join PATH International should apply online at the link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline