Job Title: Finance Manager
Organisation: Zoe Recruitment
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Zoe Recruitment is an HR consultancy company that exists to contribute to the transformation of productivity and work ethic, by linking talent to business/organizations, and placing people right. At Zoe we believe this then forms the foundation for sustainable business and on a larger scale, economic growth. Zoe would like to recruit for a valuable client in furniture sales.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will manage and advice on the working capital/financial aspects so that the company does not have excess liquid nor inadequate cash flows.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will ensure that the day to day transactions are posted in the system and supporting documents are properly filed.
· Ensure integrity and reliability of the Accounting system by ensuring that all the responsible accounts staff and Credit Controller do their work efficiently.
· Guide the management of debtors, creditors and petty cash accounts.
· Ensure that there is sufficient cash to meet statutory obligations (PAYE, VAT, Provisional NSSF)
· Stock management; Accuracy of stock records (quantities & pricing), slow moving and fast moving stock, obsolete and reserved stock and advise management on way forward depending on trends.
· Fixed Asset Management; Accuracy of fixed assets in the system and on ground, control of misuse, theft of Company assets, ensure optimal utilization of assets,
· Ensure timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports, budgets and accounts. Prepare accounts for the Finance Committee Board.
· Guide the different departments and consolidate their budgets, ensuring accuracy and that they are submitted in time.
· Cost management; ensure the most efficient management of expenses and purchases.
· Authorize petty cash
· Review all payments before they are paid out.
· Review transactions before preparing Financial Statements
· Answerable to Internal and External Auditors, Finance Committee Board on the financial aspects of the Company.
· Answerable to URA officials on tax inquiries.
· Handle any other consultancies directly related to Finance
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Commerce degree in Accounting
· Hold a Certificate in Public Accountancy of Uganda
· Excellent analytical review skills
· Good leadership and managerial skills
· Discipline to adhere to given timelines
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online through Zoe’s e-recruitment portal at the link below together with:
- Attached copies of all academic qualifications (transcripts and certificates);
- Detailed CVs and daytime mobile telephone numbers;
- Three work references and or/academic references;
Deadline: 14th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline