Job Title: Finance Manager
Organisation: Micro-Haem Scientifics and Medical Supplies Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Micro-Haem Scientifics and Medical Supplies Limited mandate is supply of high quality pharmaceutical and medical products (consumables and equipment) of latest technology in Uganda and E. Africa; Manufacture Drugs and Medical Devices/Instruments; Operate the Microhaem Medical Equipment Training School (offer training, research, capacity building programmes, establish incubation centre; collaborate with and outsource medical professionals from related training institutions globally); run curriculum that meets international standards); and engage in maintenance, servicing and repairing of medical equipment.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will oversee all the finance functions of the Company, including Budget Development, Forecasting and Tracking, Financial Management, Control and Reporting, Ensuring Compliance with the Company’s policies, International Financial Reporting Standards and Statutory Requirements. The Finance Manager builds, maintains and supervises a strong Finance Team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide Leadership of the Financial Reporting function:
· Manage the Financial processes of the company
· Actively contribute to the formulation and review of Finance Policies, Procedures & strategies
· Ensure adherence to the Policies and procedures
· Prepare and submit timely reports
· Review financial analysis and papers prepared on the findings
· Implement risk management plans
· Support the weekly cash collection at the different collection points.
Financial and Management Reporting:
· Prepare timely and accurate financial statements and management reports (monthly and quarterly, bi annually and annually) in accordance with the Finance policy.
· Prepare exceptional reports and papers as required from time to time
· Ensure the integrity of the general ledger and reports generated
· Ensure statutory statements produced in time and filed appropriately
· Ensuring that the accounts prepared present a true and fair view and are in accordance with prevailing accounting standards
General Ledger Maintenance:
· Regularly review bank, Company’s balance sheet reconciliations
· Review schedules of all balance sheet ledgers
· Review the verification, reconciliation, depreciation and amortization of fixed assets and intangibles.
· Keenly review analysis done to ensure that trends, correlations and dependencies have been identified and adequately investigated.
· Review the proposed options developed to address negative or enhance positive trends, correlations and dependencies
· Review the cost benefit and risk assessments done on the various options available and recommended action to be taken
· Review management papers on findings of analysis undertaken to ensure that the decision making process is adequately informed and guided.
Budgeting and Cost Control:
· Ensure the entire budget process is properly executed and completed in time
· Analyse and report on the performance of the entities/projects in terms of the achievement of targets against budgets/plans
· Manage the process of budget revisions in accordance with laid down procedures
· In charge of monitoring the LOE per employee on the payroll
Support Internal and External Audits:
· Support regular internal and external audits
· Follow-up on the resolution of audit queries and the implementation of any recommendations
· Ensure financial information and relevant schedules are prepared in the correct format and in time for the annual external audit
· Resolution of audit queries
· Audits started and completed within the timeframe agreed
Supervision of staff:
· Ensure that staff are performing according to their job descriptions, and section work plans
· Conduct staff appraisals and determine training needs
· Coach and mentor staff
· Ensure compliance to the policies and standard operating procedures
· Prepare a schedule of annual leave and ensure adequate job cover at all times
· Ensures correctness of financial information leaving the department to customers and other departments.
Key Result Areas:
· Company Master Budget developed,
· Evidenced of Increased Company profitability
· Number of financial policies introduced and operationalized
· Improved credit/debit management system
· Number of V4M measures introduced
· Budget variances minimized, number causes identified, and any necessary remedial action taken.
· Number financial operational reports produced per year
· Income maximized, and expenses minimized
· Compliance with statutory bodies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) and/or ACCA accreditation
· At least five (5) years of relevant work experience with at least three (3) years of work experience at a profit-making Company
· Demonstrated experience analysing and interpreting financial data
· Sound knowledge of accounting principles and techniques required; experience with accounting software, such as QuickBooks, is a plus
· Strong supervisory and management skills and demonstrated experience in the supervision of finance staff
· Demonstrated experience working independently with minimal supervision, reliably establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
· Advanced proficiency in Word and PowerPoint to develop presentations and Excel to develop moderately complex spreadsheets
· Experience working with vibrant private company required; experience specifically with the regional and global supply of high quality medical and pharmaceutical products and familiarity with compliance rules and regulations strongly preferred
· Must be willing to live up to the company values
· Should be a good communicator, able to write and present analytical and informative reports
· Able to carry out on job training for team members
· Proven ability to perform consultancy and training jobs
· Good networking skills
· Good understanding of the market – able to identify and exploit business opportunities
· Must have a high degree of integrity, confidentiality and trust, a good work ethic and sound judgment
· Confident, creative and innovative
· Good team player
· Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
· Holds him/ herself to high standards (or drives for excellence)
· Able to motivate staff
· Age: Between 35-40 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their sealed applications either hand delivered or via post to:
ACLAIM Africa Limited,
Plot M99 Nakasero Hill Lane,
P. O. Box 7202, Kampala, Uganda.
The completed applications should include a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae indicating three professional referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors and Copies of Academic Certificates.
Deadline: 14th October, 2016 by 5 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline