Job Title: Finance Manager
Organisation: Aga Khan University (AKU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, not-for-profit, international University first established in 1983, with II campuses and teaching sites in 8 countries including Uganda. The University is a non-denominational institution open to all, irrespective of religion, ethnicity, gender or national origin. Since 2001, AKU has offered academic programmes in nursing, medicine and education for and in countries in East Africa.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will be responsible for financial management and control including accounting, finance and budgeting function of AKUH, Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure complete compliance with the institutional policies and laws of the land
· Regularly monitor and manage fixed assets, inventory, treasury functions and inter-entity transactions.
· Responsible for the students’ accounting functions, including proper recording in GL and correspondence with parents, granting agencies and students for timely payment of fees.
· Effectively manage debt collection
· Ensure the institution is compliant with all tax requirements and statutory returns are made in a timely manner.
· Supervise timely and accurate closing of monthly/annual accounts and supervise annual audits and grant audits.
· Actively participate in negotiating of contracts and financing where applicable and follow-up through the approval process
· Implement systems to improve capturing of information and enhance reporting
· Update and develop new policies and procedures in order to improve efficiency and tighten controls
· Prepare annual budgets and 5 years/15 years rolling budgets for all AKU-Uganda entities in consultation with entity heads
· Ensure financial compliance with granting agencies policies & procedures and prepare monthly/annual grant reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Masters’ degree in Business Administration or equivalent
· Professional qualification: CPA or ACCA or CMA
· Exemplary leadership abilities to lead teams, coach and mentor individuals and develop high performing teams
· At least five years’ experience in a large organization with exposure to financial planning, reporting, analysis, grant budgets and day to day accounting functions
· Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should email their applications, curriculum vitae, names of three professional referees and copies of certificates and testimonials to email@example.com
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline