Job Title: Finance and Administration Manager
Organisation: Independent Development Fund (IDF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Independent Development Fund (IDF) is a Ugandan non-political, non-governmental, not-for-profit grant mechanism, providing support to civil society organizations to promote human rights, access to justice and social accountability in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration Manager will mainly manage the financial, administrative and human resource operations of the organisation while ensuring that there is value for money.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the implementation of financial policies, procedures and regulations.
· Ensure budget monitoring, cash flow projections, financial controls and operating systems are functioning and diligently enforced.
· In charge of the generation of the organisation’s financial reports i.e. monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually.
· Ensure contracting and procurement procedures and regulations are based on the approved procedures in place.
· The jobholder will ensure efficient and user friendly administrative services are available for the Fund
· Ensure that transparent human resource policies are implemented in accordance with the approved Staff Policies and Procedures.
· Ensure that the Fund Secretariat is up and running.
· Actively contribute to the mobilisation of resources needed for the Fund
· The incumbent will contribute to the promotion and proper management of the grants system.
· Contribute to the creation of awareness of the IDF as an organisation and its activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Degree in financial management and professional courses like ACCA, CPA, & CIMA
· Personnel & human resource management training, contracts management
· A minimum of five years’ experience in managing staff systems and financial resources in a reputable organisation
· Three years of managing contracts and overseeing procurement and purchasing
· Good knowledge of community development approaches
· Two years’ experience based in Uganda and an appreciation of human rights issues with an understanding of development issues in Uganda and of civil society dynamics
· Good judgment, analytical and conceptual skills
· Excellent interpersonal, people and team management skills.
· Ability to demystify financial management through introduction of user friendly approaches.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications, updated curriculum vita, professional and academic certificates and full addresses of three professional referees to: The Director Executive Recruitments, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, Diamond Trust Building, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda via email to: email@example.com
NB: Please include the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the email.
Deadline: 24th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline