Job Title: Finance and Administration (F&A) Coordinator
Organisation: Duma Works
Duty Station: Muyenga, Kampala, Uganda
Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. They are efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities. Duma Works is recruiting on behalf of one of our clients. The company is a social enterprise that delivers safe drinking water to social institutions like schools.
About the Hiring Company:
The company is a for-profit, social enterprise dedicated to providing safe drinking water solutions at scale. We sell high-performing water purification systems to social institutions (like schools, hospitals and health clinics) and workplaces, with multiyear, low-cost credit terms so that providing safe, great tasting drinking water to students, patients and employees is easier than ever. We’re the first drinking water solutions company to allow schools to time their installment payments with the receipt of schools fees. We’re also the first to provide a 2-year preventive maintenance program included in every installation. This firm is growing quickly and is already in over 1,100 Uganda schools, and is aiming to reach 5,000 Ugandan schools by 2018 and is now in the process of regional expansion.
Job Summary: The Finance and Administration (F&A) Coordinator will actively contribute to the day to day financial and administrative activities of the organization, and play a key role in adhering and implementing company finance and administration policies. The F&A Coordinator will be assigned ongoing responsibilities in finance, including bookkeeping, Quickbooks transaction entries, report preparation, bank reconciliation, and others, as well as in administration, including: inventory management and reconciliation, vehicle and logistics, procurement, asset management, and others.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Actively contribute to financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting
· Help ensuring effective internal controls and minimizing risks
· Maintain books, record transactions via Quickbooks, reconcile discrepancies
· Actively contribute to monthly close procedures, including bank reconciliation
· Offer support in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports
· Implement tasks across multiple functional areas including HR, procurement, inventory, asset disposition, travel and logistics
· Carry out local procurement, ensuring full compliance with company policy
· Help to manage inventory and all other assets, monitor and report daily stock movements, ensure proper reconciliation on an ongoing basis (weekly and monthly)
· Provide active support to the Customer Service Team and Installations Team as needed
· Pro-actively make recommendations for better work methods for improved efficiency and company profitability
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Procurement and Logistics or related education. Certification in CPM a plus but not required
· At least three years’ relevant experience with increasing levels of responsibility
· Self-starter with strong problem solving skills, ability to multi-task, and strong attention to detail
· Must have the force of character sufficient to properly represent the organization’s interests with suppliers and be a person of high integrity as well as team player
· Computer literacy i.e. proficient with Microsoft Office systems
· Proficiency in Quick Books is highly desirable
· Ability to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
· Willingness to continuously learn and be open to feedback to improve individual development
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a cover letter and detailed CVs via E-mail to: email@example.com with the subject line as “2434”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2404 Okedi Jonathan, +2567xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through. You can also send updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th October 2016
N.B. When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline