Job Title: Field Coordinator
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Operations Coordinator
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Job Summary: The Field Coordinator will work closely with the Field Manager to lead IRC’s response efforts in Bidibidi Settlement Yumbe District Field site, providing management guidance to ensure efficient response, scale of assistance and quality within programming. As the IRC’s most senior representative in the field, the Field Coordinator must bring a senior leadership profile with a proven track record in managing emergency programming around the world successfully. The successful candidate will be confident, eloquent and organized, able to represent IRC to OPM, UNHCR other partners including beneficiaries and donors as well as handle sensitive, complex issues in a diplomatic way that puts the needs of the beneficiaries first to sustain the good image of the IRC
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Act as security focal point for Bidibidi Settlement Yumbe Field Site
· Regularly review and update Bidibidi Settlement Yumbe District security plan based on constantly shifting environment
· Ensure staff are trained on, aware of and in compliance with IRC security policies;
· Regularly monitor the security situation in Bidibidi Settlement Yumbe District and its surroundings, including attending security briefings;
· Keep senior management in Kampala and local staff informed of developments;
· Provide a security briefing on arrival for all new staff and visitors;
· Compile and submit weekly security reports
Logistics: Ensure smooth logistical support to program activities in Yumbe, including procurement, stock and asset management, vehicle operations, equipment maintenance and repair (including communications and computer equipment);
Finance and Budget Monitoring:
· Oversee all budget expenditures in Bidibidi Yumbe District and ensure they are allowable and allocable according to IRC and donor regulations;
· Carry out weekly cash count with finance officer;
· Review Monthly Budget vs. Actuals reports and Budget Expenditure Plans with program staff, ensure that relevant action is taken in a timely fashion;
· Inform senior management of changing budget needs, and participate in budget development and revision processes.
Human Resource Management:
· Mentor and supervise Yumbe District operations team (Supply Chain Officer, Finance Officer, and other support staff): including setting annual objectives and monitoring performance against set targets; conducting performance evaluations; and taking corrective action as and when required; identify training needs; provide coaching and mentoring; recruit qualified staff for open positions
· Make recommendations to the OC on contract extensions, promotions and disciplinary and grievance matters.
· Ensure that performance evaluations for all staff are conducted on time, and review all evaluations to ensure quality and consistency; for Yumbe-based program staff, provide input to technical Managers on performance;
· Identify the strengths and areas of improvement and provide candid feedback to promote improvement in implementation and team spirit.
· Conduct regular staff meetings to ensure programming achievements, and issues are addressed in a timely fashion
Coordination / External Representation: Diplomatically represent the IRC to OPM, UNHCR, local government authorities, other UN agencies, International Organizations, NGOs, donors and others.
· Prepare and submit timely and accurate reports to the OC
· Review finance, logistics and HR reports to ensure accuracy before sending to Kampala
Systems Compliance and Improvement:
· Assure adherence to IRC global and Uganda specific finance, logistics, IT, security, communications and HR/administration policies and procedures
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidates for the IRC Field Coordinator job vacancy should hold graduate qualifications in public administration, international relations or related field is essential, advanced degree preferred.
· A minimum of three (3) years work within a humanitarian agency, including field management and analytical report writing, three (3) to five (5) years’ experience managing, supervising and developing operational staff
· Security awareness and ability to pay attention to details.
· Ability to plan ahead and yet accommodate unexpected tasks.
· Excellent communications, networking and liaison skills.
· Flexible and able to adapt to the logistical constraints in Yumbe
· Good understanding of operations (logistics, administration, human resources, IT)
· Strong organizational skills, ability to coordinate and manage a diverse array of responsibilities: programs, logistics, security, finance and operations.
· Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive situations diplomatically and possesses strong communication skills.
· Ability to work well with people of varying backgrounds, cultures, education levels
· Familiarity of IRC and donors (US, European, UN) policies and regulations
· Excellent computer skills: MS Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook.
· Fluency in spoken and written English, knowledge of local language a plus.
· Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility.
NB: Female are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online by clicking on link below.
Deadline: 24th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline