Job Title: Executive Director
Organisation: Protecting Families Against HIV/AIDS (PREFA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Board of Directors
Protecting Families against HIV/AIDS (PREFA) is an indigenous Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was formed to contribute to Uganda's efforts in enhancing access to quality HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment, and support services to families with a historical focus on Elimination of Mother-to-Child Transmission (eMTCT) of HIV.
Job Summary: The PREFA Executive Director will give overall strategic leadership and management, as well as continuous program development, coordination and control of PREFA's activities, in line with the national policy on eMTCT and the donor community guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Steer the development of PREFA strategic plans and formulation and review of policies
- Supervise the preparation of PREFA's operational plans and budgets, and present them to the Board for approval
- Plan for resources required, supervise the process of their acquisition as required, and ensure their effective utilisation.
- Take lead in PREFA's promotion and coordination of favourable policies on eMTCT at various national levels
- Offer policy guidance in the advocacy for PREFA services and programs
- Guide the establishment of effective management and operating systems
- Provide appropriate leadership and technical support to Heads of Department, and ensure effective teamwork
- Provide Board Secretarial services to PREFA, including the necessary support and guidance to the Board of Directors at their meetings and in its other operations
- Send timely program performance and financial progress reports, and other relevant reports and proposals, to the Board of Directors
- Actively facilitate the partnership arrangements and collaboration between PREFA and other stakeholders.
- Take lead in sustainable resource mobilization efforts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The candidate should hold a First Degree (MBChB), plus a Master's Degree in a health related field or any other relevant field.
- Additional training in Management is an added advantage
- Eight or more years’ experience in institutional management; at least 4 of which should have been at senior management level in an organisation offering services similar to those of PREFA
- Health/medical knowledge, with a bias in HIV/AIDS
- Reproductive health or maternal and newborn health to the HIV/AIDS
- Rights and basic interventions of HIV/AIDS with National and International legislations and policies relating to HIV/AIDS
- Knowledge of the latest Developments and trends in HIV/AIDS care in Uganda and Internationally
- Potential sources of support for HIV/AIDS care activities
- Knowledge of Monitoring and evaluation principles
- Policy and Strategy Development skills
- Skills in Leadership and Team Building
- Skills in Advocacy, Negotiation and Resource Mobilization
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer Applications
- Demonstrated experience in managing multi-disciplinary workforce, preferably in an NGO setting.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send a current detailed CV, | application letter, copies of testimonials and certificates; and three professional references with telephone and email contacts.
Board of Directors
Protecting Families Against HIV/AIDS (PREFA)
Plot 71, Lithuli Avanue, Bugolobi,
P.O. Box 25769, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 4th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline