Job Title: Executive Assistant
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director (ED)
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) has been put in place as recommended in the National, Oil and Gas policy of Uganda and in accordance with Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013. The mandate of the PAU is to regulate the oil and gas sector in Uganda including ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international petroleum industry best practice.
Job Summary: The Executive Assistant will support the Executive Director (ED) with a variety of administrative, managerial and technical tasks ensuring the smooth operation of the Authority by providing professional, technical and confidential support to the ED. The incumbent will provide efficient and effective planning, directing, managing and coordinating of the day-to-day activities under the office of the ED.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare presentations and speeches for the ED basing on researched facts and information relating to the subject matter.
· The incumbent will routinely update the ED on the prevailing global trends in the oil and gas sub sector.
· Accompany the ED to meetings and other engagements as and when required and provide the necessary support.
· Develop, implement and maintain procedures/administrative systems in the Office of the ED.
· In charge of managing databases for reports, minutes, correspondences, clientele contacts among others for ease of reference.
· Scrutinize and advise the ED on all incoming and outgoing documentation and correspondences in the office of the ED.
· Appropriate handling of communication in the office of the ED.
· Coordinate and manage all logistical requirements of the ED’s travel arrangements including preparing the itinerary, the necessary documents, planning for accommodation arrangements among others.
· The incumbent will coordinate and maintain the diary of the ED including organizing of all appointments, meetings, and official events and advise accordingly where necessary.
· Expedite the exchange of information between the Office of the ED and other relevant entities.
· Prepare meeting agendas and minutes of all meetings in the office of the ED, ensuring that action lists are availed and followed up by relevant persons in a timely manner.
· Work closely with the Human Resource Manager to supervise all the support staff in the ED’s office
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the ED.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Petroleum Authority Executive Assistant job opportunity must hold a Master’s degree in an oil and gas related field from an internationally recognized University.
· Possession of a Bachelor’s degree (Hons) in either Office Management, Secretarial Studies or Social Sciences from an internationally recognized institution.
· At least five (5) years’ related experience serving in a similar or related position in a reputable and busy environment.
· Possession of a post graduate qualification in Business Administration, Public Administration or related disciplines.
· Knowledge of, and experience in the oil and gas sector.
· Evidence of knowledge of current affairs in the oil and gas sector.
· Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
· Ability to work independently and in a team.
· Proven track record of outstanding performance.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to network and negotiate with people of diverse backgrounds.
· Ability to work under pressure and adapt to varying situations with a high degree of attention to detail and initiative.
· Ability and willingness to work late and during weekends.
· Excellent skills in Microsoft office applications.
· Ability to multitask and with good organisational skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their download this form, Click Here and fill it in indicating the telephone and email contacts for both the applicant and three reputable referees. The signed applications together with copies of certified academic and professional qualifications should be addressed and submitted in triplicate to the following address;
The Executive Director,
Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Liaison Office Room B 416,
4th floor Amber House,
Plot 29/33, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 7270, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 31st October, 2016 by 5:00PM
NB: Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will be accepted as long as they are received before the above-mentioned deadline for submission. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline